BILLET BOLTS ? - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
BILLET BOLTS ?
Sunday, May 04, 2008 3:07 PM
sorry guys but i searched and found nothing...trying to dress up the engine bay a bit more and was gonna try using billet bolts on alot of the smaller stuff..but cant seem to find a place that sells them...anyone ever tried looking for something like this or you all just use stainless??

Re: BILLET BOLTS ?
Sunday, May 04, 2008 6:35 PM
ive used quite a few stainless alan head bolts on my engine bay... but i didnt have to buy them, my dad worked at an ice cream plant and had access to literally thousands upon thousands of them so whenever i needed something i just gave him the stock bolt i wanted to look nice and he came up with a stainless alan headed one just like it.

ive gone so far as to have bolts chromed or polished, but others i wanted a more clean look so i just used the chrome bolt covers you can buy at autozone or advance auto parts. the cam tower bolts look really good with these on them. same goes for intake manifold bolts.

best bet i would say would be to hit up your local hardware store, sometimes they have a whole big sand full of chrome, stainless, and specialty bolts available. also check out some chopper/biker shops, they usually have tons of them as well.

Riddle me this... riddle me that...
Sunday, May 04, 2008 6:38 PM
go 2 a bunch of hardware stores, and just go nuts!

won't be billet of course. but they'll be nice and shiny!

WiGM-Tuners member.
Sunday, May 04, 2008 7:41 PM
Yep, my local Ace Hardware has a bunch of polished bolts and miscellaneous fasteners.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 8:38 AM
J TO ENVY wrote:Yep, my local Ace Hardware has a bunch of polished bolts and miscellaneous fasteners.

My local ace has the biggest selection of fasteners around, even had chrome ones locked up!
Wednesday, May 07, 2008 8:31 PM
i like the sounds of that, anyone able to post some pics?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search