To anyone with 4T40e or variant - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
To anyone with 4T40e or variant
Friday, July 26, 2019 11:30 PM
Hello all,

If your 4t40e trans suddenly starts shifting hard in every gear including going from park to drive, dont "automatically" assume your trans is bad. Like maybe it just had a crappy 1-2 shift before it just went into manual sifting mode, or it bangs like a nuclear bomb when you slip it into drive.....

Check your range selector, the brake switch, and drop and clean the pan and filter and change the fluid, none of that is that difficult. If you're smart you will of checked all of your wires and connections visually for damage already.....

I did all this minus changing the fluid(I filtered it though and now my trans is fine again. I dropped the pan, let it all drip....heres the thing....

I had 4 dollars to my name today. Thats it thats all. One small can of wd 40 sprayed in all directions in the fill hole unstuck whatever was sticking for me. Before the TC was locking on startup and made my sphincter tighten everytime I banged it into gear. I also put about 40 ml of regular motor oil into the old fuid to recondition it.

Its usually a solenoid or sticking valve body guys. Wd 40 vs $2000. of unnecessary repair. Hmmm.....

Cheers

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search