Short question??? n e help out there? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Short question??? n e help out there?
Sunday, February 20, 2005 12:37 PM
Ok i gotta question from one of my friends for you guys....

Everytime they put the car in drive it dies the only way to keep it running and go is to neutral drop the SOB. any help?

Re: Short question??? n e help out there?
Sunday, February 20, 2005 12:48 PM
Could be that the engine is idling too low. So when he puts a load on the engine (puts car in gear) the car stalls.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Re: Short question??? n e help out there?
Monday, February 21, 2005 10:25 AM
LiTTle fOOt wrote:Ok i gotta question from one of my friends for you guys....

Everytime they put the car in drive it dies the only way to keep it running and go is to neutral drop the SOB. any help?

This probably isn't the problem... but my Shadow did that 3 times... then blew up. Went to pass a lady on the highway doing 45 in a 65, put my foot down on the gas, and the car slowed down instead of speeding up. Pulled over, shut the car off. Checked for anything broken or leaking fluids, nothing. Went to start it... nothing. Gave it a little gas (LITTLE gas), got it running... put it into drive, shut off. Did this three times... on the third time I went to start it BOOM!. Blew the head and seal, water and antifreeze got into the engine, somehow caused an explosion which melted my third piston and put a hole in the middle of it big enough to put a nickel though...

Probably isn't it, but how's the car running otherwise? Rough? Fine? EIther way I'd get it checked out asap.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search