How Do you Remove the Washer reservoir in a 2001 J-Body Diagram Please - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How Do you Remove the Washer reservoir in a 2001 J-Body Diagram Please
Friday, March 20, 2009 10:37 AM

Hi

Well it seems my Reservior is leaking again, I spend about a 30mins to a 1hr yesterday removing all the Plastic around it and using a Clean Silicone to Seal it again to stop the leak(Did it in 2005) Worked great until today.

Would not stop the leak]:->

I want to Remove the Whole Bottle and Water test it to see where the leak comes from as it just keeps dripping and the plastic is very very soft

$184 at the Dealership

Even if I go to the Junkers I don't know how it comes out

Would anyone have a Diagram on where all the bolts are etc

It looks like its attached to the Air Box aswell

thanks

Re: How Do you Remove the Washer reservoir in a 2001 J-Body Diagram Please
Saturday, March 21, 2009 4:23 PM
No one???
Saturday, March 21, 2009 4:43 PM
I have no idea how its attached but all I can say is take off your intake and look around for screws there might be one on the bottom. You might have to take your front bumper off too just look around and pay attention to whats around it and you'll find the screws
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 6:37 PM
i remember its bolted to the bottom of the air box....

you need to remove the bottom of the air box to find the hidden bolt thats inbetween both of them...after that you shouldnt have many bolts left, alot of the other ones are visible
Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:05 PM
closest thing i found to a diagram...sorry if its not much help but it gives ya an idea of the set up....

1) Wiper blade Right 2) Insert Right 3) Wiper arm Right
4) Wiper motor assy 5) Linkage 6) Wiper motor
7) Motor cover 8) Crank arm 9) Washer reservoir
10) Reservoir cap 11) Grommet 12) Washer pump

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 7:13 PM
Shoot me a PM on saturday to remind me(incase i forget). I have the front bumper off and the lower intake bong removed on my 03 cav and i could snap pics for ya. I'll be at my parents house saturday(where my car is sleeping).

Friday, March 27, 2009 1:50 AM
You need to remove the front driver's side wheel well in order to access the underside of the bumper where the washer reservoir is attached. Should only be one bolt to remove and then pull the neck down from the top engine bay to remove the full assembly. Reverse process to reinstall. Easy job (less than 10 mins).
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search