pacesetter black header, is it missing somethng? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pacesetter black header, is it missing somethng?
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:04 AM
Hey im just about to start modding my sunfiregt's engine and i noticed that the pacesetter black header looks differance than the ceramic pacesetter header, the ceramic header has a longer pipe that it comes with and the black header is just the tubes that go to the cylinders.

My question is what one should i buy because my cars completely stock and i want to know if both will bolt up to my car. Thanks

black header
http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2000_Pontiac_Sunfire_Coupe_2.4.aspx/2/216/_Pacesetter_Black_4_into_1_Header

ceramic coated header
http://www.gravanatuning.com/applications/2000_Pontiac_Sunfire_Coupe_2.4.aspx/2/212/_Headers_Pacesetter_Armor_Coat_4_into_1_Header

Re: pacesetter black header, is it missing somethn
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:06 AM
also im going to be getting 2.25" exhaust piping after my header is installed if that makes a differance because i just noticed the coated header says This header includes a flanged 3-inch collector, hook-ups for smog & engine management sensors, and a header extension to connect to stock exhaust system.

Monday, February 28, 2005 6:31 AM
Just by looking at those pics, I would say that the ceramic pic isn't the header for j-bodies. It looks like a Honda piece. It gives you the idea for what it will look like, but not the exact piece. Go with the ceramic. Cooler under-hood, and longer lasting. The paint can flake off and the header can rust. As well, if you get that style header, I've read that it's a good idea to get the lower motor mount. Because there is not a flex-pipe, but a knuckle-style connection from the header to the extention pipe, you can get squeaking and scraping sounds without it.

I may not know much about cars, but I know two things....
1) Breaking things is expensive, and
2) Horsepower isn't cheap.
Monday, February 28, 2005 8:01 AM
Very good idea to get motor mounts, and get the ceramic one, i wish i did instead of my black painted one. Paint burned off in about 2 days.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, February 28, 2005 8:49 AM
the black header is a pic of the neon header , and the coated 1 is a pic of a honda header

Monday, February 28, 2005 9:02 AM
also isnt it..4-1,,and 4-2-1?unless i'm looking at it wrong
Monday, February 28, 2005 9:18 AM
get the ceramic header. its better

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, February 28, 2005 9:23 AM
all the pacesetters are 4-1 for the J-bodies

Monday, February 28, 2005 9:53 AM
thats not a jbo heasder in the ceramic pic look under the 2.2 and you will find the right pic...

Matt

Quote:

What day is it again?.... I don't sleep enough.....

Monday, February 28, 2005 2:56 PM
ceramic was just installed on my 2.2 on fri, sounds mint and instantly felt the difference black headers are garbage
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:26 AM
joe kennedy wrote:ceramic was just installed on my 2.2 on fri, sounds mint and instantly felt the difference black headers are garbage

anyone who asks me gets told ceramic or stainless steel. none of that black @!#$

I was a retard, and now I'm permanently banned.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:50 AM
if your gonna buy the header go with the coated one!! it WILL be worth the extra money trust me..... unless you WANT that ugly RUSTED POS in you engine bay.... wait a couple more weeks save a little more and get the coated one.... it will performe better also becasue the coating keeps the heat in better....

get the coated one....!!

Matt

Quote:

What day is it again?.... I don't sleep enough.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search