faulty ass MSD DIS - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
faulty ass MSD DIS
Saturday, March 19, 2005 12:38 AM
My buddy peppersz24 just bought a MSD DIS off of ebay. We started installing it at 5 pm and finally gave up at about midnight. The damn power light doesnt even come on. we checked the voltages everywhere and they are all 12v but the damn car wont start. well the moral of the lesson is that i will never buy any electronics from a private seller cause this system is fried.

daily: 99 civic Si
deceased: 95 cavy '00 LD9 auto swap (vandalized)

Re: faulty ass MSD DIS
Saturday, March 19, 2005 4:06 AM
hmm
did you hook it up to a power supply that stays on when you turn the ignition?
my friend couldnt get his to work for a few day til he realized he wasnt getting power at start up

Saturday, March 19, 2005 4:44 AM
is that thing wired right to the battery on the hot side with an in-line fuse? cause thats what ya need to do as i recall. the DIS needs a constant power source.

ok i looked it up real quick. the wiring diagram has the DIS hooked directly to the power source.

if that doesn't help post back with more info on how you have it wired up. IE did you do the adapter blocks and then feed the wires to the plugs, tap into the cars system directly?

some of the wires in the diagram are just plane wrong for our car as well. did you use Events diagram by any chance? it will correct most issues. yeah i know its for the coil adapter blocks but still very useful.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 6:01 AM
Yeah proper installation is key when it comes to the DIS boxes. I did this complete install last year and it took quite a few hours of playing around with the MSD and stock wiring diagrams in order to get it to function properly. Constant 12v is just one source needed to power the unit, it must be tied into the rest of the harness as well. Verify it or get another person who has possibly wired in the boxes to take a look as well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search