Round 2: External 6+1 Crank Trigger Wheels, Ecotecs and Quads - Page 3 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Round 2: External 6+1 Crank Trigger Wheels, Ecotecs and Quads
Wednesday, December 01, 2010 12:46 PM
I was saying that if hypothetically the le5 rods are the same dimensionally as the l61 rods, but apparently they're not.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer

Wednesday, December 01, 2010 12:48 PM
got ya... I don't know if they are, I assume not.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, December 01, 2010 12:55 PM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:I am not asking for money

no no i understand that. just when this time rolls around people wont show as much interest in something as they will at another time when money is more available. Like I am interested in these but I am not going to waste your time by jumping on the list cuz right now I have money tied up else where, therefor i show no interest now.

Wednesday, December 01, 2010 1:00 PM
well I need a list, but wont start a gp until people are ready, I just need to show interest for my machinist

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, December 02, 2010 12:02 AM
Come on people. We need this. A I don't care what I have to pay I need this.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 11:03 AM
Hello,

Signing up as promised.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 11:21 AM
1. vic28
2. 15 second matt ecotec power
3. slo cav autocrossing dude
4. Brian (TheSundownFire)
5. Newt

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, December 02, 2010 3:46 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Ima just get some big bastard cams and some headwork.

Any idea how the LE5s do on spray?

they do fine. do some research on cobaltss.net

the only thing u may even remotely need to worry about is the intake mani. and even that is not a big issue if you take the proper precautions. if anyone else tell's u otherwise it's because they really have no idea what they're talking about.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 7:05 PM
blucavvy wrote:
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Ima just get some big bastard cams and some headwork.

the only thing u may even remotely need to worry about is the intake mani. and even that is not a big issue if you take the proper precautions. if anyone else tell's u otherwise it's because they really have no idea what they're talking about.

I haven't heard of an ecotec liking a long abuse of nitrous, gm blew their rods on nitrous quick! Look at anyone boosted, it handles a lot more power and for longer. just my opinion though

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, December 02, 2010 7:07 PM
You should in theory make your rods last longer on spray if you have a progressive n2o controller and vary the spray based on revs.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 7:47 PM
I wasnt thinking of long term daily use of nitrous. More or less for pulls and running at the track.

I did consider the N2O controller. It seems it more stressful on the pistons and rods when the force of the explosive increase quickly but slowly increasing the N20 amount would slowly increase the force and lower the momentary stress.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 8:01 PM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:
blucavvy wrote:

I haven't heard of an ecotec liking a long abuse of nitrous, gm blew their rods on nitrous quick! Look at anyone boosted, it handles a lot more power and for longer. just my opinion though
gm was also running dry shots in their testing phase, without supplying any extra fuel.

or did you just leave that convenient fact out?

Thursday, December 02, 2010 8:03 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:I wasnt thinking of long term daily use of nitrous. More or less for pulls and running at the track.

I did consider the N2O controller. It seems it more stressful on the pistons and rods when the force of the explosive increase quickly but slowly increasing the N20 amount would slowly increase the force and lower the momentary stress.

that is a wonderful idea. progressive controller's are a great investment.

Thursday, December 02, 2010 8:25 PM
blucavvy wrote:
blucavvy wrote:

gm was also running dry shots in their testing phase, without supplying any extra fuel.

or did you just leave that convenient fact out?

first of all, take the attitude down, second of all are you telling me GM used the STOCK 24lb injectors till the rods broke @ 280? I highly doubt it. That would mean I wouldn't need to use this port fueler and just run stock injectors.

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, December 02, 2010 8:33 PM
i apologize bud, we're getting way off base of your thread here.

brian, i guess i'll leave it at this, do some research on n2o. the only people that i've seen have problems with the eco's and nitrous are the one's that don't know shiiit about spray and just started throwing it at their car. you can hurt ANY type of engine, with ANY modification if you don't take the proper precautions. n2o isn't as evil as everyone claim's it to be that's all i was getting at.

and yes phil, that's the beauty of a dry shot. you can make the nitrous shot however large you want. just don't expect things to stay in one piece when it's all said and done.

btw, here's the link.
http://books.google.com/books?id=_MgGR7NJXRwC&pg=PA60&lpg=PA60&dq=how+much+nitrous+will+an+ecotec+take&source=bl&ots=qY8j5Rh0Lq&sig=x1wT7Aqi7Y83obcEBO_yH6w1u7I&hl=en&ei=VnP4TPKCJYyjnwe Pt_HpAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&sqi=2&ved=0CBsQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=how%20much%20nitrous%20will%20an%20ecotec%20take&f=false

they only installed larger injectors after the four rods snapped simeltaneously after running a bigger than 110 shot!

carry on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, December 02, 2010 8:46 PM

Thursday, December 02, 2010 8:53 PM
blucavvy wrote:

brian, i guess i'll leave it at this, do some research on n2o. the only people that i've seen have problems with the eco's and nitrous are the one's that don't know shiiit about spray and just started throwing it at their car. you can hurt ANY type of engine, with ANY modification if you don't take the proper precautions. n2o isn't as evil as everyone claim's it to be that's all i was getting at.

I agree %110

Now onto some more Trigger Wheels

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, December 02, 2010 10:36 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:I wasnt thinking of long term daily use of nitrous. More or less for pulls and running at the track.

Explosion = Bad
Burn = Good

Carry on. Im in the same boat as Gary. I would like one to have, but my money is tied up elsewhere.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Thursday, December 02, 2010 11:26 PM
Wow you all can't even afford 75 bucks. Geez someone takes the time to do something for our community and we get the typical broke ass responses.

Phil if we can't get the gp going can you see how much just a hand full would be. I am very interested in this and a le5 bottom end. Sorry to go off but this crap gets old. Carry on.

Friday, December 03, 2010 4:52 AM
Dammit, I'm in. I can afford the 75 any time but I just can't aford the whole swap till summer time.

Friday, December 03, 2010 5:14 AM
SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:Wow you all can't even afford 75 bucks. Geez someone takes the time to do something for our community and we get the typical broke ass responses.

Phil if we can't get the gp going can you see how much just a hand full would be. I am very interested in this and a le5 bottom end. Sorry to go off but this crap gets old. Carry on.

Lets see, when i currently owe 3 people a couple thousand dollars total for parts, am trying to develop a "new" product, and am looking at picking up a different car. Yea, i'd like to keep the $75 on me.

Friday, December 03, 2010 6:33 AM
SLO CAV (autocrossing dude) wrote:Wow you all can't even afford 75 bucks. Geez someone takes the time to do something for our community and we get the typical broke ass responses.

some people have bigger priorities than their cars....

however, any update phil on where mine is? it was paid for a while ago..

Friday, December 03, 2010 7:30 AM
IamQwibby (Eco Meatcake) wrote:1. vic28
2. 15 second matt ecotec power
3. slo cav autocrossing dude
4. Brian (TheSundownFire)
5. Newt

6. Leafy

tinkles you didn't want one anyway, so why are you posting? I asked you last time around and you said the 2.4 wasn't what you wanted, you were going to the max and boring a 2.2

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, December 03, 2010 9:30 AM
H8ers gone h8.

But in all seriousness, I probably wont get to the swap until next summer anyways. I just want a chance to grab a wheel while its cheap. If I dont end up going that route Ill sell it. Its no big deal.

Friday, December 03, 2010 10:33 AM
Tinkles wrote:

Lets see, when i currently owe 3 people a couple thousand dollars total for parts, am trying to develop a "new" product, and am looking at picking up a different car. Yea, i'd like to keep the $75 on me.

Well this is your own fault. If you can't afford it you shouldn't have shown interest nuff said.
TheSundownFire I'm in the same boat the swap won't happen anytime soon but I want to get this now. Like I said cost don't matter to me I can afford 75 any day.

Friday, December 03, 2010 10:35 AM
tinkles you didn't want one anyway, so why are you posting? I asked you last time around and you said the 2.4 wasn't what you wanted, you were going to the max and boring a 2.2

So im not allowed to buy one? Nothing says that i cant drop a LSJ in another cav.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search