2.4 build - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.4 build
Friday, June 08, 2018 7:32 PM
I have a car we race on dirt, the engine started to seize up, after reading, I am assuming it was due to the oil pump issues the 2.4 suffers. I guess I have 3 options. Convert to a 2.2 ecotech or non ecotech, at least the ecotech has close to the same stock hp/torque as the 2.4. However, then I will need to change the ECM and harness among other things, transmission etc.... Or build a 2.4, I feel like building a 2.4 is actually going to be the cheapest and easiest thing to do. So that being said, looking for information on a 2.4 build for dirt track racing, so far, this is what I have read.
There are 2.3 engines out there with very good heads, ones noted were the 086 and 955.
Secret Cams and such...
2.3 Oil pump conversion and loosing the balance shafts.
Will want to bore the engine

The engine is not the end all be all of dirt track racing, and I do not want to "break the rules", but there are gray areas when it says, must be stock, it doesn't say can use stock performance parts or mix/match.

I am not a 4 cylinder guy and I know nothing about what it would take to make this work. There can be no porting or polishing as they may inspect that.

Any help on a build would be appreciated, and if a mismatch will work with the ECM, wiring etc...Thanks in advance!

Re: 2.4 build
Saturday, June 09, 2018 7:17 AM
You could use a 2.3 motor, can run on the ECU you have.

FU Tuning

Re: 2.4 build
Thursday, November 29, 2018 7:22 AM
If you want to build a 2.3/2.4 hybrid go to the top of this forum and read the sticky "2.3 oilpump swap" it has pictures of what needs to be done to the block and oilpan in order to make this work.
Then Wiesco makes forged pistons and Eagle has 4340 forged rods then you can use the 086 or 955 head which will raise your static compression considerably and allow you to use the HO intake and TB as well. I would use the 2.3 HO (212*/.410") or W41 cams (219*/.410" if you can find them) the secret cams are too small for any real performance gain.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search