Coil spring options - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Coil spring options
Thursday, September 27, 2018 6:40 AM
Hello everyone, I have a 98 4 door with the 2.2. I need to replace struts and springs soon. I plan on getting aftermarket parts. I dont plan on doing coilovers unless you all know of ones that are cheap enough. I am looking for better handling, so I know I will be sacrificing comfort; not a problem. I wanted to know what everyone's experiences are with certain setups and the performance of springs and struts that you all have. And yes I have read some old threads but I wanted to know even after all this time how they held up. Thank you all!

Re: Coil spring options
Thursday, October 11, 2018 9:04 AM
Sadly I think the only aftermarket strut still available new that’s worthwhile is the kyb agx and kyb doesn’t recommend anything more than a 1.5” drop with them. Koni and tokico are discontinued. Lowering spring options are getting slim as well.

If you’re dead set on lowering springs, you might be able to find somebody selling a used strut/spring setup. Otherwise buying everything new with mounts puts you within a few hundred dollars of a full blown coil over setup like bc racing.

Best advice: avoid ebay brands (manzo,etc) and don’t lower on stock struts.

Saturday, October 13, 2018 11:35 AM
Alrighty. Thank you for your input. I will search for springs that will go with the kyb struts.
Saturday, October 13, 2018 10:52 PM
Ive got the agxs on ground control dropped below reccomended slightly and it rides decent minus the sh*t stock style mounts which are also kyb. Beware of any potholes and ruts tho. Depends how the roads are but lower u go the harsher the ride. I forked out bout 1400 canadian for this setup

ReD RaiN
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 9:44 PM
The only springs so far that I have found are the Megan racing and the tein. I read that people like and dislike the megan racing and I haven't read anything on the teins yet. Do you know of any springs that will work with the kyb agx's?
Tuesday, October 16, 2018 10:06 PM
I also see that megan and tein say that the springs are for a 2.4 not the 2.2. I know they have to use the same struts and springs from the factory. But what is the difference? I can see that whichever engine is heavier it will have more of a drop than the other.... but how much if any?
Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:10 PM
Friday, October 19, 2018 8:48 PM
I found these on Craigslist. Might be worth calling to see what they have.
https://orlando.craigslist.org/ptd/d/bcracing-coilovers-best-price/6708236522.html
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search