fuel tap for 2.2 ohv not 2200 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
fuel tap for 2.2 ohv not 2200
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 2:25 PM
i just cant seem to figure it out...all the lines seem to be under the intake manifold which is hard to see from above the car, i havent gotten under the car to try to check yet...but i was hoping someone had a pic of their tap or atleast just the line they tapped into, just so i could make sure im gonna use the right one......also, how to check fuel pressure on that motor? before i run n2o, i wanna deffinately wanna check that

please help.. pics would be amazing...haynes manual was a little confusing, i looked it over a little in the store, didnt buy it, forgot my wallet .. =/

Re: fuel tap for 2.2 ohv not 2200
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 2:30 PM
look in the faq, it's one of the first pics in there.

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 2:43 PM
that's 2200, not my engine...mine is 95-97 2.2

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 3:55 PM
ha! lol, well sorry then can't help

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 4:54 PM
lol i mean someone here told me it's basically the same idea, i see the tube for the regulator but everything else seems to be under the intake manifold...maybe if i look at the pic and really got under my car id figure it out, but i just wanna be positive, dont like jacking my car up and laying under it in the street(driveway has my dads project in it)

probably dumb question too, but for the fuel T...do you basically just cut the rubber hose with scizzors or knife or something else sharp and just use like those hose clamps(fuel line clamps)? or is there a better way to do it lol isnt it always under pressure? should i pull the fuel pump relay and let it run till it stalls first?

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 5:47 PM
you don't see the fuel rail because there isn't one. it's integral to the head. as for testing fuel pressure, snap on makes a kit, gm wasn't nice enough to give us a schrader valve.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, July 05, 2011 6:41 PM
ooo so where would the line that i tap into be?
also
95LsCoupe wrote:
probably dumb question too, but for the fuel T...do you basically just cut the rubber hose with scizzors or knife or something else sharp and just use like those hose clamps(fuel line clamps)? or is there a better way to do it lol isnt it always under pressure? should i pull the fuel pump relay and let it run till it stalls first?

Thursday, July 07, 2011 12:27 AM
at school tonight i felt around, think i found the line i gotta tap into...pics are still appreciated.

i checked my fuel pressure at the filter, 42 at idle 47 at 2000 rpms...stil feel like i should do compression test before just to make sure each cylinder is in decent shape

Friday, July 08, 2011 4:58 AM
As intelligent as you seem to be you shouldn't be messing around with Nitrous, then again you could be nominated for a Darwin award using it the first time or so

Friday, July 08, 2011 7:01 AM
Agreed 100 percent

Friday, July 08, 2011 3:34 PM
95LsCoupe wrote:probably dumb question too, but for the fuel T...do you basically just cut the rubber hose with scizzors or knife or something else sharp and just use like those hose clamps(fuel line clamps)? or is there a better way to do it lol isnt it always under pressure? should i pull the fuel pump relay and let it run till it stalls first?

That's my fuel pressure sender on the end...

Saturday, July 09, 2011 12:12 AM
you're awesome !

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search