2004 Cavalier DRL Disable - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2004 Cavalier DRL Disable
Sunday, October 03, 2010 10:43 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&i=345298&t=326113&p=1

Very helpful link above, but my only question is, in step 8, it shows the "dark blue wire" being spliced to the red grounding loop wire, is the splice on the dark blue wire from the Plug side? Or from the source of the blue wire?

Re: 2004 Cavalier DRL Disable
Sunday, October 03, 2010 10:44 PM
Nvm, pretty sure it's from the cut end of the blue wire protruding from the plug.
Monday, March 21, 2016 4:30 PM
I found and easier way to disable the DRL on my 2004 Cavalier. 1. Locate the fuse box inside the vehicle, to the left of the steering wheel. 2. Remove the cover and locate the DRL relay. It should be the only one. Look at the tab side, you will see five tangs, only 4 are used. Note the locations of Tangs numbered 85 and 86. Fabricate a jumper wire about 2 inches with the ends stripped 1/8 inch and tinned. Looking into the relay socket, locate where the relay tang numbers 85 and 86 would plug in. Insert the jumper wire into these. The service light will go out and the DRLs will not illuminate. I found this much easier then tracking wires, cutting, etc.
Thursday, October 26, 2023 4:11 PM
I know old thread but I just acquired a 2003 Chevy Cavalier 43000 on odometer, nice little car. Tried pulling the DRL relay, it works, but every time you put in gear (auto) the service light wrench light comes on and stays on till you shut off and start again.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search