2 12" subs no modification? Rockford p1 2x12 p2 2x12 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2 12" subs no modification? Rockford p1 2x12 p2 2x12
Sunday, January 22, 2017 2:35 PM
I have a 2002 Chevy cavalier coupe and I was wondering if I could fit these subs that come with a box in em. I was just planning on maxing it out so I could use them with a future car.

Re: 2 12" subs no modification? Rockford p1 2x12 p2 2x12
Sunday, January 22, 2017 11:57 PM
Yea it will fit. U need an enclosure properly sized to the speakers to sound right

ReD RaiN
Tuesday, January 24, 2017 1:29 PM
I fit some JBL GT5-2402BR Dual 12" in trunk and have a rear-upper strut bar over the top of them, with a nice tight fit
Their dimensions are: 11-5/16"D1 x 14-3/8"D2 x 35-3/16"W x 15-7/16"H
hope that helps

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you ain't first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby (Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby)
Tuesday, January 24, 2017 1:45 PM
The speakers I listed come with an enclosure from Rockford Fosgate.
Tuesday, January 24, 2017 1:48 PM
Erik Ernst wrote:I fit some JBL GT5-2402BR Dual 12" in trunk and have a rear-upper strut bar over the top of them, with a nice tight fit
Their dimensions are: 11-5/16"D1 x 14-3/8"D2 x 35-3/16"W x 15-7/16"H
hope that helps

The dimensions on Amazon of the sub I plan on getting are 39.5 x 21.5 x 22 inches. Is that a realistic size for these two 12"? I wouldn't think they'd be that much bigger than yours?
Tuesday, January 24, 2017 2:51 PM
Well they're a little more than 4" wider than mine and that's really where the squeeze came from, so no I do not think they'd fit. My sub box rubs against the strut towers. They would most likely fit towards the rear bumper part of the trunk but they'd need to be mounted securely and make sure there's enough clearance for the trunk and what not. I can post pics if you'd like

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you ain't first, you're last." -- Ricky Bobby (Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby)
Tuesday, January 24, 2017 5:34 PM
Erik Ernst wrote:Well they're a little more than 4" wider than mine and that's really where the squeeze came from, so no I do not think they'd fit. My sub box rubs against the strut towers. They would most likely fit towards the rear bumper part of the trunk but they'd need to be mounted securely and make sure there's enough clearance for the trunk and what not. I can post pics if you'd like

Yeah! Pictures would be nice. I was really hoping to get these, damn. I don't know anything really. I just wanted more power than a 12" and I wanted Rockfords. I don't really want to do any interior modifying but I don't use my trunk for much.
Tuesday, January 24, 2017 7:47 PM
Well I have 2x12" subs right now and I like them a lot
here's the pics of them, sorry about having to use flash
Attachments
IMG_4060.JPG (379k)
IMG_4065.JPG (511k)
IMG_4061.JPG (633k)

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 7:50 PM
Here's the rest of the pics, like I said, a really tight fit. but i still have about 1/2 my trunk space
Attachments
IMG_4064.JPG (646k)
IMG_4062.JPG (710k)
IMG_4059.JPG (493k)

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 11:09 PM
I am planning on installing 3 12's side by side.. It dont matter really what shape the box is as long as the enclosed size is right. Ive seen subs that require 4 cu.ft. per sub. U dont need to hack the car apart to make it work. Shape the box for ur needs. If u not looking to do a custom box then yea ull have to shop around with total specs and specs for each enclosure so theyll fit

ReD RaiN
Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:46 PM
Erik Ernst wrote:Here's the rest of the pics, like I said, a really tight fit. but i still have about 1/2 my trunk space

That's pretty nice! I guess I'll have to shop elsewhere, get one 12", or plan on making a custom box for two 12"s

Thursday, January 26, 2017 3:55 PM
Erik Ernst wrote:Well I have 2x12" subs right now and I like them a lot
here's the pics of them, sorry about having to use flash

Here's the dimensions on Rockfords website. 15.125" x 33.875" x 15.75 Seems a lot smaller than Amazons. What are your opinions?
Re: 2 12
Thursday, January 26, 2017 11:16 PM
Well my two 12"s came in a pre-made box so there are definitely boxes that will fit, now if the last dimensions you gave me 15.125" x 33.875" x 15.75, are correct then these would fit between the strut towers. However, I would be careful because you don't want to buy the subs to find out that the Amazon dimensions were the correct ones and be stuck with subs that will not fit. Keep in my mind you only need that width if you want to fit them between the strut towers, the other dimensions should fit directly in the trunk, but you will lose most if not all of your trunk space. If you look at the picture, behind my subs (towards the camera) the trunk opens up more and you would be able to fit them there but they'd need to be secured so they don't slide around on the spare tire cover.
Attachments
IMG_4061.JPG (633k)

Sunday, January 29, 2017 2:02 PM
Erik Ernst wrote:Well my two 12"s came in a pre-made box so there are definitely boxes that will fit, now if the last dimensions you gave me 15.125" x 33.875" x 15.75, are correct then these would fit between the strut towers. However, I would be careful because you don't want to buy the subs to find out that the Amazon dimensions were the correct ones and be stuck with subs that will not fit. Keep in my mind you only need that width if you want to fit them between the strut towers, the other dimensions should fit directly in the trunk, but you will lose most if not all of your trunk space. If you look at the picture, behind my subs (towards the camera) the trunk opens up more and you would be able to fit them there but they'd need to be secured so they don't slide around on the spare tire cover.

So you have yours directly between the two bulges towards the middle of the trunk? Otherwise I'd be able to fit it just in the back of the trunk where the width is the widest?
Tuesday, January 31, 2017 7:13 AM
BRYAN ADAMS wrote:
Erik Ernst wrote:Well my two 12"s came in a pre-made box so there are definitely boxes that will fit, now if the last dimensions you gave me 15.125" x 33.875" x 15.75, are correct then these would fit between the strut towers. However, I would be careful because you don't want to buy the subs to find out that the Amazon dimensions were the correct ones and be stuck with subs that will not fit. Keep in my mind you only need that width if you want to fit them between the strut towers, the other dimensions should fit directly in the trunk, but you will lose most if not all of your trunk space. If you look at the picture, behind my subs (towards the camera) the trunk opens up more and you would be able to fit them there but they'd need to be secured so they don't slide around on the spare tire cover.

So you have yours directly between the two bulges towards the middle of the trunk? Otherwise I'd be able to fit it just in the back of the trunk where the width is the widest?

Yup that's where mine are. And yes most likely but just make sure to secure them so they don't slide around

Tuesday, January 31, 2017 1:16 PM
Okay back to some noob stuff here. If I were to get "https://jet.com/product/Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-Loaded-P2-2X12-subwoofer-for-car/46921bd41fd4401d9d5bf2b669530516" would I be able to power it with https://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-GM-D8601-Class-Amplifier-Remote/dp/B00CFX58YI

Only reason I want the P2-2x12 is because on Jet.com it's cheaper than the P1-2x12 on Amazon. Or can the amp linked not drive the P1-2x12 either?
Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:50 PM
Yea that amp will work in terms of power. Ull be using max power of the amp. U also have to match the ohm ratings of each sub to the load rating on the amp. Someone with better knowledge could fill u in more or google search

ReD RaiN
Wednesday, February 01, 2017 7:44 AM
It should run the speakers, at least from the specs the manufacturers give for the products. The amp says its rated at 800 continuous (RMS) and the speakers are at 800 RMS. The ohms match up so it should not be a problem.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:42 PM
Im pretty sure i have the p1 2 12 in the factory box in my trunk of my 2000 pontiac sunfire
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search