Camaro SS seats installed - 04 Cavalier - Page 2 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Camaro SS seats installed - 04 Cavalier
Friday, February 24, 2012 3:23 PM
I will probably be doing this swap, I was priced $75/seat at a local salvage yard. I just need to decide if I want black or tan leather

Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:14 PM
nice...its a very easy swap. even the seat covers on the side that cover the lean handle are identical.
post up pics when youre done, id love to see another set

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, August 20, 2012 8:13 AM
Preview. I want to keep the driver side electric soI'm still figuring out how to fab a rail.

Monday, June 24, 2013 1:57 PM
So Im debating some Vette seats out of a friends 2001 or 2002 C5. He has a nice set of ebony leather (power driver) I can get for a steal. I did a search and didnt find anything on corvette parts that are swappable, only possibly the steering wheel (which i already have an after market one, just trying to locate a hub for the 03+ wheels).

Im going to test fit these really soon, within a few days. We may be able to add another swap option if they work.

Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:46 AM
so the seats are out of a 1999 C5. They are in MINT condition and look nicer than the 01 Camaro SS seats. They sit a little higher too, more head support. They seem slightly narrower but have a little better lumbar support. The only downside, the seat brackets are not even close to matching.

You guys that have done custom seats, is it easier to just go with the vette set up and drill holes in the floorboard, or should I try to figure out a way to custom fab the vette seat bottom to the Cavalier/jbody bracket? I like the second option better, but Im not sure how much I can tear down the seat or if it'll sit right on the jbody bracket. I think Ill just buy them (theyre already in my house for test fitting lol), then figure it out later.....

Saturday, June 29, 2013 1:21 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=45&i=109846&t=109837#109846

All you need to do is get the Vette bracket flat so you can weld up tubing like I did with my Celica seats.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 1:15 PM
might as well gotten a camaro in the first place
Friday, October 11, 2013 8:55 PM
Those look good though, I wonder how Trans Am WS6 seats from 1998/2002 would look. They have so much curve and hug, and the headrests have seatbelt mounts. Very interested in the Corvette seat swap though!

'03 LS Sport 5spd, Amsoil fluids, Vibrant cat-back, 5% 3M color stable tint, Z24 trunk lid

Saturday, October 12, 2013 12:32 AM
rufian rufiano wrote:might as well gotten a camaro in the first place

End yourself. F-ing tool bag....

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, October 21, 2013 11:51 AM
Ive already owned a few Camaros, GTO, and a slew of other fun cars. This is my current hobby/project and it will continue to be a Frankenstein of a project. so like it or not, its a decent upgrade to me. The vette seats are still sitting around uninstalled while Im getting the damn LSJ ghosts worked out.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 6:38 AM
Anybody think that seat from a grand prix gtp will fit a cav?

Monday, July 14, 2014 11:19 AM
whats the point of changing the seats, and using some other car steas

is like spitting on your own cars, basically telling it, you are @!#$, so I'm swapping something else, cause u suck

is like someone cutting your skinny arm, and then implanting someone elses buffed ripped arm on yourself

it makes sense to upgrade your seats to aftermarket, but when you swap to other car seats

is like spitting on your car's pride

deep down, you know it sucks
Monday, July 14, 2014 1:35 PM
Production cars do not fit everyones style, this fact drives aftermarket and the desire to customize, its not always to upgrade because what is there isn't good enough. If you prefer stock seats, go with that. Also, not everyone needs aftermarket racing seats in a daily driver, just something comfortable.
Tuesday, July 15, 2014 5:07 AM
joe satriani wrote:whats the point of changing the seats, and using some other car steas

is like spitting on your own cars, basically telling it, you are @!#$, so I'm swapping something else, cause u suck

is like someone cutting your skinny arm, and then implanting someone elses buffed ripped arm on yourself

it makes sense to upgrade your seats to aftermarket, but when you swap to other car seats

How many times were you dropped on your head as a child? I'm guessing somewhere in tripple digits.

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 7:41 AM
Mr. Quick wrote:
joe satriani wrote:whats the point of changing the seats, and using some other car steas

How many times were you dropped on your head as a child? I'm guessing somewhere in tripple digits.

lmfao

Derek I'm too lazy to read the whole thread.. How was the bucket on these? Do they hold you in the seat any better?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, November 17, 2015 6:54 PM
I never would have thought of this but now want to swap the seats in my 03 Crapalier. So far I plasti-dipped the car a color-shifting green/blue, plasti dipped black rims, 5% tint, Installed HID headlight bulbs, and replaced interior lights/license plate light with LEDs. It is my work/project car to see what i can get away with while i leave my 2009 Envoy the way it is.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search