HVAC colors - Page 9 - Interior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HVAC colors- help me...please...
Saturday, January 13, 2007 11:07 PM
ahha i think it may just be ur dimmer switch then. you probably just have it set to ON instead of in the dimming position. i did that before by accident, killed my battery. car chargers or awesome lol. hopefully it's something as easy as that. if not i dunno where it went wrong cuz by you re-wiring it shouldn't have interferred with the roof lamp.

Monday, April 23, 2007 6:57 PM
ok i have UV led's for my background lights and i didn't rough them up when i installed them initially. so im sure that will help me some but using the aluminum foil would it be better to do something white since black light shines up good off of white? and if so should i paint the hard plastic piece or paint the aluminum foil? because my knobs are really dim and i would like them brighter but my whole color scheme is yellow with the black light? and i guess if there is nothing i can do ill have to deal with it but when i take it off to rough up the led's if there is another thing i can do to make them brighter i wanna do it all at once rather than at 2 different times. thanks any help is greatly appreciated.

Comming January 2007 to a city near you...BlownBanana always out lookin for fun
Monday, April 23, 2007 7:45 PM
Does anyone have pics of the hvac leds (preferably red) with the stock rubber on the knobs?

Re: HVAC colors
Thursday, June 21, 2007 8:23 AM
whered did u find the carbon fiber for your dash??
Friday, July 06, 2007 1:00 PM
Ok I just tried to change the bulbs to LEDs, it was a hell to get out the old one I have to break them and dig out the rest out lol
Anyways after I got em I put the LEDs in but they dont light up, I tried the 180 thing and put it in the other one but it still doesn't work.

any ideas guys? thx

1999 Pontiac Sunfire GT
CavFire Is Coming Spring 08'
Need a Design? Then look no further... http://dadesign.tk

Friday, July 06, 2007 11:01 PM
you must not have got all the glass out, thats the only thing i can think of. i have LEDs in both of my cavs and my girls cav and they all light up no problem

simple minds talk about other people.
average minds talk about events.
great minds discuss ideas
Saturday, July 07, 2007 9:59 AM
got to try this one, it will match the neon under the dash and the cd player. hehe

Saturday, July 07, 2007 10:08 AM
Check to see if you wrecked anything in the socket when you were digging the glass out.

Saturday, July 07, 2007 11:38 PM
I am planning on putting some blue led's into the hvac, and I went to pick-n-pull and got some hvac front plates, got an idea to try to get the color off of the plate, realized it was painted on, and decided nail polish remover might work, and it did, I did not take enough time for some of the parts and they came out bad, but the parts that I went slower on turned out really good, once I get the bulbs, I will see what looks better.
the parts that I took the black off I am going to use a paint brush to paint the parts back on,
here are some picks

what do you think?
(outside of some of the black comming off)

Sunday, July 08, 2007 7:14 PM
Nick Gould wrote:Check to see if you wrecked anything in the socket when you were digging the glass out.

ok i'll do that, any idea how to pull the wires out from the socket? cuz I have other sockets and want to see if they work with them.

1999 Pontiac Sunfire GT
CavFire Is Coming Spring 08'
Need a Design? Then look no further... http://dadesign.tk

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:38 AM
buzz122 wrote:It's new picture time..........

Before CF :

After CF :

So you left the hvac panel carbon fiber look? It looks rather good without the black plastic deal and the dash panel over it! Let me know if this is how you did yours? I also noticed you deleted the white lines on the knob too, i just removed the grey rubber, ill be checking it out how it loos with out the black panel off and the white line too.

2003 F150 Harley
2003 Dodge Stratus R/T Coupe

Wednesday, July 18, 2007 1:01 AM
So can you change the HVAC bulbs to BLUE LEDS on sunfire's?

My CarDomain!!! --- http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2543660
Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:31 PM
ok so i have uv leds in my hvac however they dont light up the brightest. when i put them in initially i wrapped the plastic piece of the hvack in tin foil to reflect the light better but it doesnt seem to make that big of a difference. so i was wondering if since they reflect color so well off white if i were to paint the back of it white if it would help to bring out the color better. or if i should just buy a couple of #74 purple leds instead?

Comming January 2007 to a city near you...BlownBanana always out lookin for fun
Sunday, July 27, 2008 9:10 PM
Yes you can change HVAC to blue in a sunfire, just not the guage cluster (unless you swap in a cavalier one). UV lights are often very faint compared to regular lights for a similar wattage and they work a lot better in a very dark environment. If you want purple i'd say go with purple. If you paint the backing white and use UV lights won't the dials just appear kind of bluey purple like anything white under UV does?

----------------------------
<<<<<2003 Sunfire Sedan>>>>>

Sunday, February 14, 2010 1:46 PM
http://www.ledlight.com/t5-wedge-3-led-light.aspx

will these work for my replacement bulbs in the hvac
Saturday, June 12, 2010 9:03 PM
A dose of irony for today: Best part about "using the search bar"? 95% of the pictures are gone.
Thursday, June 17, 2010 2:32 PM
I know this doesn't have to do with the hvac but what kind of leds would I need to replace the bulbs in the dome light?
Saturday, March 05, 2016 3:38 PM
Hi new here but do i have to take out the whole dash to do this? and also any body know if the plastic yellows over time?
Sunday, April 24, 2016 9:10 AM
sry if this is in the wrong section, but i have a question about the window switch controls in the center console. How do you get the stock bulb out? I want to put a different color in.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search