2002 red LS Sport Cavalier retired - Jacked / Wrecked / Sold Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2002 red LS Sport Cavalier retired
Friday, May 02, 2014 10:57 AM
I've come prone to a few cavalier accidents lately. 1st one was back in November. Slid on some wet pavement on my basically bald summer tires and rear-ended an older Mercedes. Got it fixed up along with putting on my 03+ Cavalier LSS rear bumper to match the front paint. Plus getting a few extra parts painted. 3 years ago I kept feeling the wheel jerk on me a couple times so wanted to get it checked out. So took the cavy to the same alignment shop after already getting an alignment after putting on my NWF front brakes. Then must have been goofing off in it because next thing I know they are calling me telling me the control arm came out and the fender came crashing down on my tire. This was 3 years ago, didn't think anything of it. So i grabbed a new fender this time around and got it installed. Didn't even have a chance to get a picture of it after getting it repainted. Fubared the carbon fiber hood too. Took to a local painter and didn't have to pay much over what the insurance estimate check was.

Then February came. Winter weather in Indianapolis. Slowing down in stopped traffic on the interstate and the semi behind me wasn't paying attention, swerved to miss my whole back end and clipped my rear passenger corner and slid down my passenger side. TOTALED per the insurance company. Bought it back for $550. Now looking to sell it as a whole with all installed parts plus a spare manual transmission or part it out. Really want to keep the parts and put on a fresher cavy as I miss the boost already.

The bad of keeping it. Most of this was hidden until I removed the broken LSS side skirt

Had it cleaned up just before winter time before the first accident in November. Last known clean picture.

this is the start of my signature: have you read the RULES yet?
my carDomain updated 6/11/10 Forged and Supercharged

Re: 2002 red LS Sport Cavalier retired
Friday, May 02, 2014 4:22 PM
Nearly the exact same thing happened to me. Got rear ended and the car totaled in manner very similar to what happened to you. I had just thoroughly detailed the car in the fall as well. Sucks to hear.

Saturday, May 03, 2014 12:58 AM
Swap the parts onto another J. Sorry to hear about the misfortunes.

Monday, May 05, 2014 7:37 PM
Was always a fan of your car... Sucks to see it totaled...

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 3:48 AM
Those toyos noooo!!!! Sorry to see this man, hope you're able to keep the parts for another J..

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, May 07, 2014 9:22 AM
thanks. i've got plenty of parts left for it that went untouched. IF side skirts that had painted 5 years ago, complete neon rear disk brakes, meth, 2.8 pulley, new heat exchanger, larger tb & intake. it's fully ready for autocross.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:35 PM
Nice hood, im looking for a hood..
Wednesday, May 28, 2014 10:18 AM
Lorencio Santos wrote:Nice hood, im looking for a hood..

the hood got messed up in the first accident and haven't retrieved from my painter

Monday, June 30, 2014 5:08 PM
What brand is that hood?

Monday, June 30, 2014 5:10 PM
zee2euce4our wrote:What brand is that hood?

Looks like a VIS invader style hood.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, June 30, 2014 5:56 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:
zee2euce4our wrote:What brand is that hood?

Looks like a VIS invader style hood.

Similar but more round. It was an Erebuni V3 hood.

Saturday, January 02, 2016 2:54 PM
thats the problem with the crapaliers, the minimum touch, and it gets totalled
Saturday, July 09, 2016 10:59 AM
joe satriani wrote:thats the problem with the crapaliers, the minimum touch, and it gets totalled
The problem is you're still here.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search