Bad tune - Tuning Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bad tune
Sunday, October 29, 2017 8:59 AM
So I took my ecm to a well known company a couple hours from where I live, and he hptuned the ecm!

My car is an 03 cavalier supercharged stock pulley,
Before going this route I planned on having the local dealer do the gm flash just for convenience and price so it has the lsj 2.5 bar tmap.

The guy that tuned started out tuning ecotec l61 le5 and lsj so when I got home and tryed starting the car I was expecting it to run since it ran b4 on the stock ecm badly but with the tmap unplugged and bypass valve zip tied!

Need some help as to what could cause this, when the tuner and I were talking about the setup he said he had a couple base l61 supercharge tunes but when I said it was 2.5 tmap he said it really wouldn't matter and that didn't seem right to me! Any help would be awesome thanks a bunch I've been through 100 pages on the tuning & boosted forum and could only think he tuned it based on the stock map sensor and not the tmap like I have and would this be the reason for the start and automatically stal?

Re: Bad tune? Help
Sunday, October 29, 2017 8:30 PM
So I thought, since I had unplugged the tmap sensor b4 I had the ecm tune and it started and would idle, that I would try it again and sure as @!#$ "it started right up, was idling perfectly" but since it didn't make any sense to me that it would run without the tmap plugged in I shut it down and havant tried restarting yet!!!
I tried the passlock relearn b4 I unplugged tmap, really need to get it running right, what does the tmap have to do with idle and start??? If I convert tmap back to stock map & iat will that do anything trying to understand this has me baffled!! Help plzzz
Hptuner
Stock pulley
Lsj 36# injectors
Lsj tmap
Re: Bad tune? Help
Tuesday, October 31, 2017 6:58 PM
Without knowing what the tuner did, can't say, but it does sound like it is tuned based on a stock map sensor. Idle is controlled by the map sensor, so a Tmap gives a different voltage to the ECU than a stock map sensor.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search