All Years DRL Disable and Other Headlight Tricks - Page 10 - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: All Years DRL Disable and Other Headlight Tricks
Monday, July 25, 2011 5:02 PM
You should follow the instructions for the year of the car that you have. So to 95-99 instructions. Changing the headlights doesn't have anything to do with the PCM/BCM/Cluster which is how you do the disable.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 11:54 AM
I am thinking about doing this to my 05 Cavalier but i am kindof confused about the instructions. They say to connect a loop to one end, i am pretty sure by "one end" it means the end not going to the connector. Then it says to ground the wire, If i made a loop on one end does that mean i need to take the end coming out of the connector and ground that?

Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:23 PM
Nevermind I'm Stupid i just realized by loop they meant a connector type loop for grounding purposes.

Thursday, August 18, 2011 12:34 PM
Victor Foster wrote:I am thinking about doing this to my 05 Cavalier but i am kindof confused about the instructions. They say to connect a loop to one end, i am pretty sure by "one end" it means the end not going to the connector. Then it says to ground the wire, If i made a loop on one end does that mean i need to take the end coming out of the connector and ground that?

I had the same thing when I was reading it. He means ring terminal.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Friday, August 19, 2011 9:10 AM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:
Victor Foster wrote:I am thinking about doing this to my 05 Cavalier but i am kindof confused about the instructions. They say to connect a loop to one end, i am pretty sure by "one end" it means the end not going to the connector. Then it says to ground the wire, If i made a loop on one end does that mean i need to take the end coming out of the connector and ground that?

I had the same thing when I was reading it. He means ring terminal.

Well atleast i know im not completely crazy then!!
I did it last night and it worked great...finally no more check engine light! now just to get that stupid door chime to work!

Monday, August 22, 2011 5:42 PM
Hey I tryed doing that blue wire on my bcm but that wire runs the low beam check the haynes manual!! Its the light green with black stripe which is in the top plug on the bcm, i know this cause i did the blue wire and my H.I.D kit wouldn't work now it works cause i did the other wire i brought up before now those of you that do this the light still shows up flashes fast without the clicking sound and turns off after u release your e-brake and the service light does come on but their are no issues had thischeck out with and obd2 scanner. Now i'm not dissing anyone here i think you can even google the wire diagram too check it out.
Monday, August 22, 2011 10:48 PM
^ARRRRRRGGGGH!!!! USEPUNCTUATION!

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Sunday, September 11, 2011 3:55 PM
Can someone clarify what the topper pad and bezel are? Those 2 pictures do not work for me
Sunday, September 11, 2011 4:45 PM
Nvm, pretty straight forward.
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:26 AM
2004 Cavalier, worked for me. I did it at night with very little lighting and it took about 15 minutes. Would have been like 5 if it werent for the lack of visibility/angle of trying to crimp.
Though the quick slice was a PITA with such a tiny gauge wire and a 14/16 on the other end. I installed mine because I installed a set of DDM HID lights.

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 7:50 PM
Finally got around to it tonight. Took about 20 min.. most of that was trying to find a way to reach the BCM and using that damn quick splice with such a small wire.
Overall pretty simple..

Monday, December 19, 2011 7:52 AM
Wait. So the grounded wire will be connected to the wire from the plug, yes? And this will fix my HID problem? Cause I've been through 2 DDM HID kits so far. lol. My fog lights have been going strong though!
Monday, December 19, 2011 8:03 AM
Bryce Stout wrote:Wait. So the grounded wire will be connected to the wire from the plug, yes? And this will fix my HID problem? Cause I've been through 2 DDM HID kits so far. lol. My fog lights have been going strong though!

It might fix your problem. are you also running a relay harness for your hids?

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:56 AM
Just whatever comes with the kit. Has a fused wire and a black box, which I guess controls the hi/low function.
Thursday, January 19, 2012 2:10 PM
Thanks for this guide!!! It helped wonderfully with the prep for an install of an HID kit on my 04 Cav LS.

Side note- make sure you push the connector firmly back into the BCM, or when you start your engine it will run for about 2 seconds and then die, and the Odometer will display "error". I almost had a small heart attack when that happened

I also used some small banana plugs so that if for some reason I ever want to re-enable the DRL's, I can just unplug the ground wire, and plug the original wire back in. Just a suggestion for anybody that likes easy options!
Tuesday, January 31, 2012 2:49 PM
Just got my drls disabled, great write up... took about 10 minutes

*I've been called worse things by better people...*

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 4:46 AM
for the 03-05 sunfires, when you disable the drl's will this include the park light function on the park light / turn signals next to the head lights?

150.0 DB, Loudest in Atlantic Canada, Street Class A.
Next year 155 DB
Monday, July 30, 2012 1:55 PM
so im trying to figure out how to do the automatic headlights... if i wire up the automatic headlights will i still be able to do the high and low at the same time?
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:58 AM
New one for you all. I don't want to disable my drl I just want to change it from the head lights to aftermarket lights. Any ideas on how I can do this? I have an 04 cavy btw

Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:02 PM
I cant get the plug out of the bcm. Ive tried to push the blue clip in toward the wires and still cant get it to come out. How does it just slide right out
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:22 AM
i been looking at wiring diagrams and i think i have a way to make DRL lights work with aftermarket lights and to get the full 12 volts i will get a wiring diagram which i think will work to do so cause im planning on doing LED strips around my 98 Cav Headlights for DRL so i wouldn't have to remove my DRL and drive legal in canada and not get a $200+ Ticket.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 5:45 PM
i have a 97 sunfire gt can I just take out my drl fuse 15a to disablemy headlights?

Wednesday, May 01, 2013 12:39 PM
Just did this today and this write up was perfect, I have factory remote start so I just grounded to the same spot they did. Amazing sir, thank you.

Friday, August 30, 2013 12:12 PM
Just disabled DRLs in my 2K sunfire. The light shut off on the dash, so i assume it works!

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer"
Thursday, January 02, 2014 11:11 AM
I Have a 05 Sunfire, I want the lows to stay on with the highs, it was discussed a few pages back, but 2 different ways, which is the correct way?
Also I have 80w lows, 100w highs, and 100w fogs. Is it gonna draw to much and melt something if their all on at the same time?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search