98 Sunfire Sedan with spoiler question - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
98 Sunfire Sedan with spoiler question
Tuesday, December 20, 2016 5:45 PM
Howdy folks,

I found a 98 Sunfire 4-door with a spoiler in a relatively nearby junkyard about 50 miles away. They have online pics of their cars and I can see there is indeed a spoiler. Do Sunfire spoilers have the 3rd tail light wired into them like Cavs do? I think they do but I want to confirm before making the drive. The yard won't go confirm with a call - I tried. What I really want to salvage is the flat style package tray trim / parcel shelf / rear speaker deck cover that does not have the hump for the interior 3rd tail light. I also hope that it is in dark gray or charcoal.

This will be for my 98 4-door with 5-speed that I am retrimming out as an RS.

I have been seeking this particular part for almost a full year now.

Are there any knowledgeable Sunfire owners up there who know the 4-doors well enough to confirm?

Thanks,

Brian

Re: 98 Sunfire Sedan with spoiler question
Friday, December 23, 2016 4:09 PM
Made it to the yard and snagged my flat (no hump) parcel shelf. It is the light gray beige looking color and not the charcoal but that's OK. It took me a year to find one of these so beggars can't be choosers.

While I was at it in the removal stage I tried to go easy on the moldings just in case someone else would want to buy them but broke a clip on each side anyways. Gotta love that brittle old plastic...

I plan to reupholster this piece in black before putting it into my soon to be 98 RS Sedan.

Brian
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search