What would you do?... - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What would you do?...
Thursday, August 09, 2018 3:52 AM
I had Discount Tire put on a set of tires I purchased from Walmart(dot)com and three of my four center caps of my aftermarket Konig Sideways rims' broke.

Discount tire searched and searched (allegedly) to find the exact matching center caps to my rims, but they can only find a different style of center caps.

I want my original center caps replaced...but that isn't going to happen, because they broke them taking them off and can't find the exact replica/replacements.

What would you do (if anything)?

Re: What would you do?...
Thursday, August 09, 2018 4:34 AM
They ( Koing) cant make new ones? Or they can't supply you with the blue prints to have a CNC place make you duplicates? ( Contact them and get their response on paper)

Get them remade if possible and give Discount the bill, if they refuse to , take them to small claims court. Make sure you document everything and with pics.

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Thursday, August 09, 2018 10:07 AM
I'm not happy about it.

OTOH, I just might like the other caps better, in the end.

That said, it still doesn't make it right, and I was tempted to say to them (honestly every employee I've ever met at Discount Tire - and I've met many of them - are really super nice) that I want them to buy me an entirely new set of the same rims.
Thursday, August 16, 2018 7:04 AM
92Sunbird PuertoRico wrote:They ( Koing) cant make new ones? Or they can't supply you with the blue prints to have a CNC place make you duplicates? ( Contact them and get their response on paper)

Get them remade if possible and give Discount the bill, if they refuse to , take them to small claims court. Make sure you document everything and with pics.

Doug in P.R.

As far as "documenting" as much as I can, any suggestions or tips for how to do that?

There's a receipt for the day they installed the tires, then I am awaiting their call for the replacement (different) caps that are going to be thrown on.

I am going to file a claim in small claims court as you suggested; it's not a matter of this or that, it's just that I shouldn't have to have entirely different caps put on the rims I spent good money on, only for the rims to look different aesthetically now.
Thursday, August 16, 2018 10:15 AM
If you had before and after pics that will sure help. And no mention on the bill of their damages?

You could save all the hassle and ask them to pay for your replacement caps when you receive them.

Other than that, file a claim on what the rims were worth as they were when you came into the shop. ( If that satisfies you)

Doug in P.R.

92 Pontiac Sunbird LE, 2.0, AT, Red / Black with Grey 155K miles. Hurricane Maria Survivor ! ( It takes a licking and keeps on ticking ! ).....in Salinas, Puerto Rico!

Thursday, August 30, 2018 7:16 AM
Run after them.
Thursday, November 08, 2018 4:57 AM
I would probably talk to their manager.
Friday, January 08, 2021 6:58 AM
I'd never settle for less. They should I find a way to replace the original center caps. If that is not possible, they should pay me for breaking them.
Thursday, January 21, 2021 11:14 PM
I wonder if the OP found the replacements. I would personally look for new ones that are easy to find.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search