toyota cavalier mirrors - Exterior Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
toyota cavalier mirrors
Saturday, February 12, 2005 4:45 PM
i need help wiring them up if any one can help i would appreciate it. diagram or just instrucyions

Re: toyota cavalier mirrors
Saturday, February 12, 2005 5:00 PM
TRD 901-Z has the answer i used his instructions and they work great

Saturday, February 12, 2005 7:42 PM
good old archives. clicky clicky

. member 1244or55
.http://www22.ocn.ne.jp/~cavalier
Monday, February 14, 2005 2:58 AM
well unfortunatly the set i have didnt come with relay box to fold the mirrors in and street-line is out of stock any know where to get this or wire without and have it work.

Monday, February 14, 2005 3:07 AM
OOOOOOOoooooooo, that maybe tough

I would call the dealership...........wait nevermind.......Lenko's site doesn't have that part number

Sorry, maybe TRD 901-Z can help you out

Monday, February 14, 2005 5:06 AM
I don't think you can do it, but I do know Mike does have it. I will tell you now that it is not a cheap part at all if I remember right. I think in a toyo parts post it is in there somewhere.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:25 AM
does anyone know this part # or is it part of the harness #gm 22626407

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:58 PM
ive tried the part #s on my relay bax and its not a good #

your pretty much sol tell we can come up with a # , but alteast you can make the rest work

Friday, June 10, 2011 6:55 PM
Hate to bring this back from the dead, but I am wiring mine up and I think I have everything figured out. Just one question. Do I have to use the toyota switch? It seems like I could retain my stock power window switch and use any momentary push button switch to the relay to send the signal and trigger the folding. What do you think? I thought I saw a post from shadowfire where he was doing something similar, but he was going to explain it on messenger or something.

Sig'less since '02!
Friday, June 10, 2011 8:21 PM
Yes, you can use the stock power window switch with the mirrors. As far as a switch to trigger the power folding you could probably use a momentary push button or if I remember correctly I have seen a few people on here mention using their power locks to trigger the folding. I'm not 100% sure about the power folding though because the relay is a must for the folding and my set came with a bad relay.

Friday, June 10, 2011 9:09 PM
Yes, that's how I did it as well. Although there are two wires that don't match up color to color (on the adjustment knob), so if you wire it up color to color it will think left is right and right is left, simply swap the two wires or live with it.

The folding is tricky, I think there is current monitoring in the relay pack so it knows when to stop folding/unfolding. You could probably get by with a very accurate timing circuit (like a 555 or a TR7) but it would take some work.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 8:57 PM
does anyone know where i could get a relay box?

Thursday, June 16, 2011 7:26 AM
Ive been told they are pretty much impossible to find. You cant get them fron the dealer. Keep looking on e-bay

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Thursday, June 16, 2011 4:12 PM
dealer is $$$$$

Thursday, June 16, 2011 9:22 PM
i just checked ebay and theres another set for sale that does have the relay box fml lol

Friday, June 17, 2011 8:19 AM
Not 100% sure, but I think I remember reading somewhere that the relay from a Toyota MR2 works too.

Friday, June 17, 2011 4:48 PM
thanks for the info, ill look into that

Friday, June 17, 2011 9:07 PM
Micah (Shadowfire) wrote:Not 100% sure, but I think I remember reading somewhere that the relay from a Toyota MR2 works too.

You are correct. not sure if year/model matters, but i remember reading that a few years back on here when i got my first set of Toyota Mirrors that didn't come with a relay.

5 YEAR ANNIVERSARY FREEBIE GIVEAWAY - CLICK HERE TO ENTER
What you know about Street Racing anyways? Only what Fast & Furious taught us....
SO EVERYTHING!
Friday, June 17, 2011 9:07 PM
Those are almost harder to find.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search