AUTO PART STORE'S!!!!!! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
AUTO PART STORE'S!!!!!!
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 4:58 PM on j-body.org
Have you noticed that every single auto part's store caiter's to HONDA'S? I've gone into numerous auto part store's looking to buy some stuff for my Cavalier even sometime's every day stuff they don't carry but if I wanted a cold air intake, spark plug wire's, spark plug's,wing's,exaust, tail light's, pretty much any kinda basic moding stuff, unless im driving a civic or accord I'm pretty much screwed. By screwed I mean that if I want something they'll have to order it for me which take's 1-3 week's in most case's. I know we now have a load of product's on the internet but this is not about being on line. This is about I don't wanna wait for my part's to ship I wan't it now. I've resorted to buying on line for my products cause it's the only place to find all our $h!p!!!! Has anyone else noticed this?

Re: AUTO PART STORE'S!!!!!!
Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:13 PM on j-body.org
then buy a honda or a SBC if you want to walk in and buy parts

demand determines supply, until a billion people are modding cavs forget aboot it (ok so a billion is a bit much)

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 5:31 PM on j-body.org
Have you noticed that gm has been producing CAVALIER'S for 3 generations? I think there's a pretty good total of cavs still on the road and if the products where there in availability they would buy stuff for them? At least i would that's why I posted this topic here. No I'M not gonna open my on shop or anything I just think it's alota bull that there are million's of cav's around and you can't just go and get After Market part's for them.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:17 PM on j-body.org
I work at Advance Auto Parts. (Just got off work, actually) and we DO sell alot of aftermarket parts for Civics, Accords, riceboi's, ect. I don't like it too much, but they sell, so that's why we carry them.

You may be able to get alot of aftermarket parts for a Honda, but just TRY getting an EGR valve or a heater core for an 87 Civic hatch. It will almost be a ure bet that it's an order item. The same things for a Cavalier will more than likely be in stock, and in quantities greater than 2.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 7:49 PM on j-body.org
yea, i'm mad too, why don't they carry parts for my sisters Grand AM, or a kick @ss spoiler for my mom's van. Oh yea, and my brother's 87 buick? I'm sure he would buy an intake if they had one for sale. Now, if they only had pentos, my grandma would be pimping!

fact is that they only have so much shelf space, and hondas sell the best.

Promise that forever we will never get better at growing up and learning to lie

Thursday, May 12, 2005 5:08 AM on j-body.org
Roofy, thanx for being honest.
Niceguy4186, Lmao My mom used to have a 72' Pinto!!!

Thursday, May 12, 2005 3:54 PM on j-body.org
yeah bottom line is more ofthen than not your average riceboi is driving a honda
besides who cars if u have to wait a few days to get your parts
i have been with out a car for 3 weeks waiting for my injectors to be upgraded

2000 Dark metallica green cavalier. (2.2 2200) pace setter 4-1 header, magna flow cat, dual quad tip dtm muffler, 1800 watt stereo with satalite radio, momo 16in rims, rk sport strut bar, rear vibrant strut bar, indeglow gauge cluster along with matching hvac panel, clear corner lenses, altezz tails, Crossdilled slotted roters with ceramic brake pads, carbon fiber oem style hood, rsm lightened crank pulley, MSD Ignition coil packs, RSM Vortech Supercharger 8psi, 300cc venom injectors....

"Disarters are just another star falling in my yard."
Thursday, May 12, 2005 11:22 PM on j-body.org
Because fact is, more people drive civics than j-bodies.

It's like carrying two brands of cereal. A certain brand may be good, but doesn't sell much, and the other brand may not be really that good, but sells like crazy. Who cares if the cereal tastes like crap, stop selling the good tasting stuff and make room for the nasty stuff because people are buying it and you need the extra space.

The good cereal being the J-body.
The crappy cereal being the typical Civic.

It's quite simple really.

Friday, March 13, 2015 7:59 AM on j-body.org
Should have waited till may 13th. Then you could have claimed a decade bump to an elderly thread.....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search