nitrous? I THINK SO! =D - Photos & Media Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
nitrous? I THINK SO! =D
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:09 PM
so we finally got all the hoses ran and bottle mounted. just need to wire up switches and she is set!!!
let me know what you think! its still a work in progress just thought i would update you guys a little bit and show what i've done this far =]
enjoy! and im going to eventually change where the nitrous goes in. this was just to get it done. getting a new cold air intake for it eventually.
still gotta mount the amp and clean everything up back there but for now plywood works =] lol

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous

Re: nitrous? I THINK SO! =D
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:35 PM
yea i would put it some where else and i would mount that amp to the box or something
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:37 PM
Definitly not the cleanest install, but congrats. Enjoy the spray.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011 4:51 PM
def not a clean look but if it works then have some fun with it
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:19 PM
the lemur wrote:Definitly not the cleanest install, but congrats. Enjoy the spray.

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 5:47 PM
between the audio and the n2o install, you really need to clean things up man.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 7:38 PM
like i said guys....i am going to clean it up....and i will enjoy it...for not having the proper tools and fabrication equipment...i dont think its all that bad....

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous
Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:32 AM
For best nitrous pick up, I would change the way that bottle is mounted if at all possible.

~DVST8R~ aka ThaCaviKid
Nitrous is like wanting to have sex with a hot chick that has an STD... you wanna hit it,
but you are afraid of the consequences

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:38 AM
You need a bottle heater.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:54 AM
Your bottle is installed wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, January 19, 2011 11:54 AM
Attachments
NX 4 cyl.jpg (53k)

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Wednesday, January 19, 2011 12:13 PM
Ive seen bottles installed sideways and it works perfect, plus I rather have the nozzle facing away from me when im driving lol

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 12:30 PM
It's perfectly fine for the bottle to be mounted sideways just not when the tank gets low. It also doesn't matter which way the nozzle is facing if anything blows it should go down the blow down tube and out of the car if used and set up properly (he's not using). If not then it doesn't matter which way the bottle is facing your going to have an extreme amount of pressure coming out of that burst disk.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 1:49 PM
Makes sense, but with my luck that nozzle would come flying towards me, i have really really bad luck

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:24 PM
the way my bottle sits works cuz the tube that runs to the bottom of the bottle is at the bottom and when your going the tube will shift a little bit and cause it to to move a little bit. (paul steyer helped me do this, he runs 5's in the quarter running nitrous...it will be fine).

it will eventually turn out good. i just turned 18 and have done everything on my car myself. or me and a friend, for not being pro's and not taking it to a shop to have someone else do it, i we did this pretty well for being how young we are IMO

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous
Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:29 PM
huh? who runs 5's, now...??

If it takes forever.... I will die trying. Underdog Racing
Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:34 PM
z24cavi55z24 wrote:the way my bottle sits works cuz the tube that runs to the bottom of the bottle is at the bottom and when your going the tube will shift a little bit and cause it to to move a little bit. (paul steyer helped me do this, he runs 5's in the quarter running nitrous...it will be fine).

it will eventually turn out good. i just turned 18 and have done everything on my car myself. or me and a friend, for not being pro's and not taking it to a shop to have someone else do it, i we did this pretty well for being how young we are IMO

Not to creep, and sorry to go a little off topic, but are you talking about the Steyer I know with the four second Vette?

On the install, nice job. Did you upgrade anything on the engine to make it more nitrous-friendly at all?
Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:36 PM
his names paul steyer. he has a vette he runs at MAM here in nebraska. and he travels a few other places,and that was suposse to be a 6 not a 5.

1999 2.4L w/ nitrous
Thursday, January 20, 2011 3:59 AM
I'm just pointing out the way all nitrous companies tell you to mount the bottle...

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, January 20, 2011 7:27 AM
I drive a silver car wrote:It's perfectly fine for the bottle to be mounted sideways just not when the tank gets low. It also doesn't matter which way the nozzle is facing if anything blows it should go down the blow down tube and out of the car if used and set up properly (he's not using). If not then it doesn't matter which way the bottle is facing your going to have an extreme amount of pressure coming out of that burst disk.

And with as much as nitrous costs to refill, you want to use every drop. Also, when you get low in the tank, the nitrous/fuel mixture will just start becoming more fuel if the pick up isn't able to get more nitrous. The reason its recommend to have the nozzle facing forward is the idea that the car moving forward will push the nitrous to the bottom of the bottle and you'll get better feed.

How big of a shot you running? Ever played with the giggle gas before? Congrats on the nitrous install... once you use it once, you'll be hooked on it.

~DVST8R~ aka ThaCaviKid
Nitrous is like wanting to have sex with a hot chick that has an STD... you wanna hit it,

Thursday, January 20, 2011 1:33 PM
~DVST8R~ aka ThaCaviKid wrote:
I drive a silver car wrote:It's perfectly fine for the bottle to be mounted sideways just not when the tank gets low. It also doesn't matter which way the nozzle is facing if anything blows it should go down the blow down tube and out of the car if used and set up properly (he's not using). If not then it doesn't matter which way the bottle is facing your going to have an extreme amount of pressure coming out of that burst disk.

And with as much as nitrous costs to refill, you want to use every drop. Also, when you get low in the tank, the nitrous/fuel mixture will just start becoming more fuel if the pick up isn't able to get more nitrous. The reason its recommend to have the nozzle facing forward is the idea that the car moving forward will push the nitrous to the bottom of the bottle and you'll get better feed.

How big of a shot you running? Ever played with the giggle gas before? Congrats on the nitrous install... once you use it once, you'll be hooked on it.

I know this that's why my bottle is mounted properly, but fact is he is fine for a couple runs. Once he's low I wouldn't spray until it was topped off. Again it works, but no it isn't the proper method.

Friday, January 21, 2011 6:54 AM
I know you know that. Lol. I was just quoting you for reference. I hope you don't think I was just trying to correct you.

Anyone else ever use the nano nitrous system other them me? I deff recommend it.

~DVST8R~ aka ThaCaviKid

Friday, January 21, 2011 6:58 AM
~DVST8R~ aka ThaCaviKid wrote:I know you know that. Lol. I was just quoting you for reference. I hope you don't think I was just trying to correct you.

Anyone else ever use the nano nitrous system other them me? I deff recommend it.

No lol I was just stating the same thing for reference also lol. Ah forums sometimes, hard to understand just text.

Friday, January 21, 2011 10:40 AM
No kidding. Haha

~DVST8R~ aka ThaCaviKid

Friday, January 21, 2011 1:07 PM
bottles are for babies just saying

Friday, February 18, 2011 8:51 PM
perry shonkwiler wrote:bottles are for babies just saying

theres always that one guy in the crowd
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search