Passlock Information Needed Please - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Passlock Information Needed Please
Monday, March 18, 2013 11:56 AM
My Passlock system thinks I am stealing my own car, with the key aparently. I am looking for a permanent fix, and I want to do it right so I am trying to learn as much as possible about the GM Passlock anti-theft system. Eveything I have read is about bypassing it with resistors and remote start and things to fix the commonly known starting issues. What I havent been able to find is if this system is stand-alone and an add-on option. I believe it consists of two components, a sensor in the ignition module and a 'BCM', which doesnt allow the car to start or run if the ignition hasnt turned. So a couple questions,
Is the anti-theft system integrated into the cars ECM or is it just a plug in option? If 'plug in' could it simply be unplugged and the car would then function normally with no anti-theft features?
Any information and advice is welcome.
Thanks everyone!

Re: Passlock Information Needed Please
Saturday, May 04, 2013 7:26 AM
so what your gonna wanna do its the easiest thing ever i went through this the other day when i had to switch my gauge cluster. your gonna turn the key into the on position and your gonna have to wait for the theft system light to flash until it stops which should take about ten minutes. after it stops flashing your gonna turn the key to the off position,then try turning it back on and you should be able to start it.
Saturday, May 18, 2013 12:19 PM
I need help i changed my computer on my 96 z24 with a 2.4 cavalier then it wouldn't run it start runs for two seconds then dies the security light is on solid ice even tried to put a bypass module on and same thing pleas help
Monday, May 20, 2013 9:50 AM
try turning your key to the on position the light should blink for 10 -15 minutes and then it should stop flashing turn the key to the off position and try to start it. then it should start
Saturday, June 29, 2013 11:04 AM
still nothing my security light stays on and it start runs 2 seconds then dyes
Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:06 PM
Dean, your are partly right.

Nathan, you have to do the relearn 3 times for a total of 30 mins.

Get in, shut the doors, try to start the car, let the car start then die. Just then count 10 mins, if you get out the car go out the window do not open the doors.

After 10 mins take the key out for 3 seconds then try to start the car again, if it starts and dies leave it like that, do not mess with the key. 10 mins

Again, after 10 mins take the key out for 3 seconds or so then start the car again, let die for 10 minutes

Take the key out then the car should start on your 4th try.

Again, get in and out of your car through the window if you dont wanna sit in there for 30 mins

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, July 05, 2013 8:34 AM
Actually, he was right. It's a 95-99 which is passlock 1. Turn key forward, try to start, it'll fall on its face. Leave it just like that for 10 minutes, theft light should go out, turn ignition off, then start. It should work fine. You can open and close doors no problem because there's no BCM for 95-99 cars.

Friday, October 30, 2020 3:58 PM
That 10 minutes for 3 times thing works if the light is flashing but if its on solid most of the time that doesn't work.

I'm having that issue right now & have tried it multiple times with no luck.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search