Questions about parts - Second Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Questions about parts
Wednesday, February 24, 2021 10:13 PM
I’m a new owner to a 92 cavalier 4dr with a manual trans.I’m a uni student.

Suspension on car is complete gone any recommendations on where to start? I was thinking about KYB kg4536 shocks for the rear but no idea what to get for the front.

Brake upgrade: was thinking of just slapping some Akebono ceramic pads(maybe some slotted rotors)

I have to redo the whole handling( tie rods/ends)

As far as performance is there anything that can be done that doesn’t require forced induction(until I rebuild the engine)

It’s a slow project car that has sentimental value.

Re: Questions about parts
Thursday, February 25, 2021 1:55 AM
Slotted rotors are very nice. I've got a pair on my 92 and really like them. KYB used to make front struts, but I don't know if they still do or not. Rockauto doesn't have them listed. I didn't check anywhere else though. You may be able to find a pair, somewhere. MEVOTECH Supreme are very good parts. Not very expensive, but I've found them to be quite good. I'm using their front strut mounts and spring seats on my wagon and have had no problem at all with them. They also make control arms. Moog does too and they are very good as well. You'll probably need new front swaybar bushings. Might as well get a pair of rack bushings too.

For the rear you can get a set of these;
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-Spring-Insulators-and-21MM-Bushings-1st-2nd-Gen-J-Body-Others-8pc-Set/274429809854?hash=item3fe54a94be:g:q5EAAOSwdeNe~NLS
Your sway bar is probably a 19mm though. If you want a set of the bumpers and insulators, I'll sell you them without the swaybar bushing. Just contact me via the PM feature here.

Not sure what is the best way to gain a little extra HP. Headers and freeflow muffler may give you few more. Hopefully someone with more experience with the 2,2L will chime in with suggestions.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search