Feeler: K Bar Group Purchase - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Feeler: K Bar Group Purchase
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 6:35 PM
A couple months ago I made myself a K bar, and since then I've gotten a good amount of interest on making them for people. So who would like one?

So far I know it will fit all 95-05's with a 5 speed. And I'm working on making one for the auto's, and 2200's.

It will be primered and painted with high heat ceramic engine paint, your choice of either red or black. Powder coating would jump the price up and I have been using mine with just high heat paint for 3 months with no dings cracks or any sign of corrosion. The bar is far enough forward that the wheels cant throw things at it. So I believe this is a perfectly suitable coating for this application.

And don't worry my welds have gotten MUCH better looking.

It's going to be about $60 plus shipping per bar.

Please enter your information if your interested.

Username, Real Name, Color, Quantity

(ex. 1 - Transporter7220, Timothy Norton, Red, 1)

Thanks

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Re: Feeler: K Bar Group Purchase
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:51 PM
what if i want chrome?

LOL

looks to be beefier than than the ttr...

Familiar Taste of Poison.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 8:55 PM
Well I can send it to you unpainted and you can get it chromed

Also it weights in at 11 pounds.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:02 PM
only thing that worries me is that the TTR one is also $60. it does look stronger but again its going to come down to personal choice.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:15 PM
Transporter7220 wrote:
So far I know it will fit all 95-05's with a 5 speed. And I'm working on making one for the auto's, and 2200's.

so i'm confuse. will it fit a OHV MT? and how much for unfinished?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:19 PM
The exhaust goes under the oil pan on the OHV's, right where the K bar is. I'm working on a design that would clear the exhaust, but my main problem is I don't have an OHV to take measurements on and test fit.

Smoosh is going to bring his auto Eco over soon, so I can test fit it.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 9:46 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:
Transporter7220 wrote:

so i'm confuse. will it fit a OHV MT? and how much for unfinished?

Sorry just realized that doesn't really make sense. It'll fit 5 speed LD9's and Eco's, but no OHV's.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 10:05 PM
Nice piece. I would clean up the welds a bit but other than that, great job. Also, are the joints champhered for good penetration?

Mark-OEM

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Tuesday, September 15, 2009 10:18 PM
Welds will be cleaned up, I've had lots of practice at work since then. When I was making mine I was in the middle of a tranny rebuild, so things like that got looked over. I was never going to see it again so I wasn't worried about it. But what I make for others will look much better.

The tabs are champhered on mine, but the where the arms are connected to the cross piece aren't. However they will be when I start making them.

Thanks Mark.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:19 PM
Looks good man, I might buy one. Keep up the good work.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:49 PM
Any chance you could make one for an N-body?

http://www.fquick.com/Caboose73

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 1:50 PM
If you could ill pay $100 shipped cause its prob going to be a one off piece

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:48 PM
OEM wrote:Looks good man, I might buy one. Keep up the good work.

Thanks man

Caboose73 wrote:Any chance you could make one for an N-body?

My brother has a 99 Malibu that I could test fit it on, so it's very possible. It'll be a while before I get a chance though.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 5:54 PM
That would be sweet just pm when you get around to it

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:21 PM
Tranny, post the dimensions of the metal, and the quality of the steel, I dont recall what you said before, but I remember you saying it was a thicker metal than TTR,

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:31 PM
The bars are 2x1" mild steel with 1/8" walls. The tabs are 2" wide and 1/4" thick mild steel.

Much beefier than the TTR bar that has very slim legs.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 9:12 PM
This made me think about my favorite knife.

I've grown up in a Marine corps. family, so it's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the title.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:20 AM
This is a great looking K-Bar that you have made,Much better than the TTR which the welds on theres I would not trust dropping it,And I like the fact that you caped the ends of the tube,If you want to finish the welds off really nice,Go and get a Flapper wheel for your grinder,It will actually blend the welds in to give you a really nice seamless finish...Keep up the great work..
Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:36 AM
CLC wrote:This made me think about my favorite knife.

I've grown up in a Marine corps. family, so it's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the title.

Is that the name of a knife or something?

Jason Burten wrote:This is a great looking K-Bar that you have made,Much better than the TTR which the welds on theres I would not trust dropping it,And I like the fact that you caped the ends of the tube,If you want to finish the welds off really nice,Go and get a Flapper wheel for your grinder,It will actually blend the welds in to give you a really nice seamless finish...Keep up the great work..

I plan on it, thanks

Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:40 AM
Transporter, your in NY right, upstate area?

Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:53 AM
Tim, you really need to be a Premium Member to advertise on selling products.

It looks pretty good. I also recommend what John said to clean up the welds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:54 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO

Thursday, September 17, 2009 7:58 AM
OEM wrote:Transporter, your in NY right, upstate area?

Yes, I'm living just South of Rochester right now, in Henrietta.

-MD- Enforcer wrote:Tim, you really need to be a Premium Member to advertise on selling products.

It looks pretty good. I also recommend what John said to clean up the welds.

Yeah that's why I'm just doing a feeler, if there is enough interest I will. Thanks

Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:12 PM
Id be interested in one if you can test fit it on an auto. Looks great and much beefier than the ttr.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 12:31 PM
Google K bar

Thursday, September 17, 2009 1:05 PM
id be interested. been looking at the ttr brace & imo this 1 looks better. has to be good for the automatic tho. what's ground clearence like? I set pretty low.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search