Even Drop or Drop the rear??? - Suspension and Brake Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Even Drop or Drop the rear???
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 8:43 PM
I'm trying to understand springs, i've noticed that the pro-kit is a 1.4" all around and the sportlines is 1.7 and 2.3" !!!!!!!!!! why are they lower in the rear and how come prokits are not? would it still look good with prokits? would it look Even?

Re: Even Drop or Drop the rear???
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 8:48 PM
I have ProStreets. I understand I can adjust mine but when I lowered my rear too much I got a rattle from my exhaust hitting my suspension link back there. So just be aware of that. Not sure if 2.3 will hit but just being cautious. I have my rear higher than my front, looks good IMO.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 10:42 PM
the koni sport springs are a very even drop, installed them on my girls cav they are awesome quality!

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 10:57 PM
^^^^got any pics??

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 6:13 AM
In stock form, the rear of our cars sits a bit higher than the front for a few reasons. Firstly, having a bit of forward rake to the car helps stability at higher speeds and secondly, the springs have to be able to handle the car both empty and loaded up with passengers and gear in the trunk. It needs some room to accomodate that.

The Prokit basically lowers the car all around but keeps stock functionality, for the most part. Capacity is a bit reduced, but for most people it's not an issue.

Sportlines are more aggressive though and made to even out the height all around. With the car empty, the back now sits about level with the front. This looks better but takes away a lot of practicality. Nobody with Sportlines would want to carry adults in the back seats on a regular basis.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 6:15 PM
Thanks for all that info, but what did you mean by " Capacity is a bit reduced"? does that mean i can't carry as much weight? or when there is weight in there it will sag in the back. i bought sportlines and didnt realized how bad they are for kits, im trying to trade them, i'm thinking prokit. only because i have a body it and a big sub box in the back. Im pretty set on prokit cause i heard thats what they are good for, but does anyone know another spring that is equal to the prokit, but maybe 1.5 1.6 drop
Thursday, April 07, 2005 6:33 AM
Yeah, since you've got less travel, there's less room to play with when adding weight. You're right in that they're good for people with big stereos though since you'll end up with a more even look without looking like the back is too low.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search