z24 seats sit higher than base model seats ? - Third Generation Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
z24 seats sit higher than base model seats ?
Saturday, August 03, 2013 11:19 AM
I feels like I sit higher in my 99 z24 than when I sit in my buddy's 00 base model cavy. He also noticed the first time that he sat in my car. It seems like the z24 seats are up higher than a base cavy's. When I sit in his car I feels like I'm lower to the floor almost like a camaro.
So, what's up with that ? The seats are adjusted the same in both cars, etc... So we know it's not that. Anyone else ever notice this ?

Re: z24 seats sit higher than base model seats ?
Saturday, August 03, 2013 2:05 PM
I as well have noticed that, I went from a 2000 z24 with the red stitching, to a 2001 base model grey seats and I feel my base model seats are just a little better for feel (lower and huggier)
Saturday, August 03, 2013 4:49 PM
i would say no they dont the onlything i could see is maybe the z24 had stiffer foam then base but then again i doub GM would have changed seat foam on the same model of car when the seats are so close to the same

JBO since July 30, 2001
Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:03 PM
My side airbag seats are noticeably higher then my old cavs z24 seats. Coud very well be possible.
Saturday, August 03, 2013 6:23 PM
I have 00 Z24 seats in my 95 base. They didn't sit any different or look different when sitting side by side.
Sunday, August 04, 2013 4:37 AM
Weird, I can swear there's something different between the base model seats and z24 seats aside from asthetics and fabric. For some reason you feel closer to the roof in a z24. Maybe the lower part of the base seats have more of an angle downward where they meet the back part of the seat ?
Sunday, August 04, 2013 7:01 AM
Each seat has also taken different abuse. Whichever seat had more usage or heavier occupants is going to sit lower. My old stock base model seats are pretty low since they only sat 250lb or higher people.

Sunday, August 04, 2013 2:35 PM
could be positionin of the rear rear part of the seat cause i dont see how it is possible for an entry level ecoonomy car that was built and sold as a entry level car would have something so minor that cost a bunch of money to have 2 different options. i just can't see it

now if you said GT seats with lumbar i could see that from a base seat. its still wierd that only the GT seats got that and not the z24 seats so i guess anyhting is possible

JBO since July 30, 2001
Sunday, August 04, 2013 2:46 PM
Cruisin4DrCav wrote:Each seat has also taken different abuse. Whichever seat had more usage or heavier occupants is going to sit lower. My old stock base model seats are pretty low since they only sat 250lb or higher people.

This. My fat @ss has totally flatted the driver's seat in my car. When I let someone else drive it I feel like I'm in a different seat altogether in the passenger seat.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, August 06, 2013 1:31 PM
Thankfully I lost 70 lb. more after I installed my Celica seats, they've held up quite nice for being five years old when I installed them years ago.

Saturday, August 10, 2013 12:35 AM
Actually the Z24's do have stiffer foam cushioning in the seats.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Saturday, August 10, 2013 12:55 AM
I put 2005 ls sport seats in my 00 z24 and the seats were definitely higher. My keys now hit my knee and they never did before I switched my interior over. I deffinitly noticed a difference and I thought my old seats were stiff but these are really stiff not enough to make a difference in height. My old interior was tan the new is black if that makes a difference. I can also fit my iPad under the seat in a case with a foldable keyboard. I could never fit it under before so there is atleast an inch or two difference.

On the inside my car looks like a fighter jet.
Tuesday, March 24, 2020 9:06 PM
what year Celica did you use? was it a direct bolt up?
Monday, April 13, 2020 5:34 AM
Celica seats are not a direct bolt in, you need to do some welding.

The people that have swapped them have used 999-06 seats.

DRIVING FORCE FABRICATIONS

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search