Nitrous install - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Nitrous install
Wednesday, December 03, 2014 6:34 PM
2.2L ecotec with GM charger and re flash. Some basic bolt ons as well and nothing internal.

Wet kit I know...but what else if anything? The edelbrock gives it 40-60 so...

Re: Nitrous install
Wednesday, December 03, 2014 9:48 PM
I wouldn't. It'll be too hard on the engine and will kill it. Just improve your supercharger setup.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:16 PM
What would you suggest in my improvement? Think I can survive on my stock fuel pump?
Wednesday, December 17, 2014 10:36 PM
A good H/E setup, smaller pulley, larger injectors, and a custom tune should give you a 30-40hp bump.

Thursday, December 18, 2014 5:46 AM
Brian Toney wrote:2.2L ecotec with GM charger and re flash. Some basic bolt ons as well and nothing internal.

Wet kit I know...but what else if anything? The edelbrock gives it 40-60 so...

I wouldn't either on a L61 since the rods may bend with supercharger already on it. I agree Kyle on his suggestions.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, December 18, 2014 4:29 PM
I would upgrade the fuel pump if you go with bigger injectors. Might as well get the most out of any upgrades.

Friday, December 19, 2014 7:01 AM
Tinkles(KGM) wrote:A good H/E setup, smaller pulley, larger injectors, and a custom tune should give you a 30-40hp bump.

This

strat81 wrote:I would upgrade the fuel pump if you go with bigger injectors. Might as well get the most out of any upgrades.

And this.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, December 25, 2014 9:57 PM
Well I currently have the ZZP H/E. What's a good size pulley for my current equipment? also Do I use a stage 2 cobalt S/C upgrade belt and remove a single rib?
Friday, December 26, 2014 7:13 AM
For dead nuts reliability and a little more performance I think a 3.1 is the sweet spot. It definitely runs better but doesn't make so much heat that your cooling system is always in need of upgrading. I ran a 3.1 for a while and then dropped to a 2.9. The car was, in my opinion, way happier with the 3.1.

Plus, if you're running the reflash a 3.1 is actually the best thing you can do to get the most out of it. You can't go any lower than that with the reflash because it'll require bigger injectors and you're unable to change them without a custom tune.

For the belt, a 3.1 works with the stock supercharger kit belt, no need to buy anything else. If you do decide to custom tune and pulley down further, yes buy a stage 2 cobalt belt and cut a rib off.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, December 27, 2014 8:33 PM
Y3llowCav, Thanks a lot for all the good info! I'm a big fan of ZZP, so I naturally went to their website.

http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/125-Modular-Pulleys.aspx

Is this a 3.1 that I would buy? and also, http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/125-Modular-Pulleys.aspx

Do I need the pulley system as well?
Saturday, December 27, 2014 8:39 PM
To be honest with you be careful with zzp. I had a few good transactions with them but then they screwed me twice in a row. Worst quality control and customer support ever. They're extremely arrogant.

That being said that modular hub is the one I'm running and it's been fine for multiple changes. Works with the rest of the stock sc kit and/or lsj pulley setup. You'll need to rent the puller from them too. If you don't use it you'll likely damage the sc and the stock pulley trying to get it off.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Sunday, December 28, 2014 8:03 PM
Thanks again for your help man. I've actually been out of the game of performance with my cavi. Last thing I recall doing was my H/E setup and now I'm bored again. So to confirm, I should go with the 3.1 modular pulley system along with a rented pulley remover and I should be good with no additional modifications for now?
Sunday, December 28, 2014 8:04 PM
Also, How did you car run with the 3.1? Any significant additional PSI?
Monday, December 29, 2014 4:42 AM
You will see a 2-3 psi increase with the 3.1.

I prefer Smooth flow pulleys.

Monday, December 29, 2014 6:23 AM
Definitely ran noticeably faster and like Kyle said 2-3psi more. No other modifications needed for the 3.1. Eventually, you'll need a fuel pump but that was a given even with the stock pulley.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, December 29, 2014 7:25 AM
Well looks like I'm good to go. Now the next step is ordering the goods. Thank you guys a lot. I'm sure we all will be talking again soon. I'll post some pics of my install when she's 100 percent.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search