PA Speaker Install - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
PA Speaker Install
Sunday, January 30, 2011 12:48 PM
I have purchased a CB radio along with a speaker to hook up my 02 Cav with a PA system. Problem is, I have no idea where the hell I could get my speaker to mount. There is room behind the front bumper but the front sub frame is about all there is to mount to and Im not exactly enjoying the idea of having to screw into it. Any ideas on where to mount this speaker? Is 4x6 in size and 8 inches long.

Re: PA Speaker Install
Sunday, January 30, 2011 2:11 PM
Do you mind me asking WHY you think you need a PA speaker on your cav? Who exactly do you need to yell at? lol

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Sunday, January 30, 2011 2:22 PM
Because its the "cool" thing to do in rural communities. Ask me how I know.

I would just ziptie the damn thing onto the subframe or radiator support to be honest. Thats about your only option if you dont want to drill holes.

Tuesday, February 01, 2011 8:09 PM
Yeah ^^^ zipties is about the best thing you can do without any permanent damage done where you mount it, easy install and removal if you ever want to take it out. I know what the CB radios are about i'm from Iowa... Its just what we do! lol. I haven't put a CB in the cavy yet, but my Beretta has a cobra soundtracker with magnetic antenna.. It will have whips on it once I decide to fix the transmission.
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 8:42 PM
Jordan wrote:t my Beretta will have whips on it

I no longer wonder why all these Omaha locals make so many redneck inbred jokes about Iowa.....

Thursday, February 03, 2011 5:12 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:
Jordan wrote:t my Beretta will have whips on it

I no longer wonder why all these Omaha locals make so many redneck inbred jokes about Iowa.....

Nah i'm not inbred... maybe a little redneck. It happens when ya grow up on a farm.

To further influence your impression of Iowa rednecks.. the Beretta body will be dropped on top of a 4x4 chassis.
Thursday, February 03, 2011 5:17 PM
I'm ducking out on this one... too much can be said. lol

Thursday, February 03, 2011 5:31 PM
I parked with a bunch of giant trucks everyday in high school. Big truck big truck Sunfire big truck. I respect the redneck truck CB radio stuff but I would never become a part of it. not my style.

Friday, February 04, 2011 7:29 AM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:I parked with a bunch of giant trucks everyday in high school. Big truck big truck Sunfire big truck. I respect the redneck truck CB radio stuff but I would never become a part of it. not my style.

I get that, its not for everybody... But I grew up on it.. drive tractors, play in mudd all that fun stuff... My highschool was all about diesels, mostly Cummins... Everybody here loves black smoke.
Friday, February 04, 2011 11:14 AM
But its a berreta not a @!#$ silverado....

Friday, February 04, 2011 11:16 AM
Its a Beretta. Who cares.

Friday, February 04, 2011 11:26 AM
Ziptie it to the computer in the front passenger fender area

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search