amp opinion - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
amp opinion
Monday, March 14, 2011 6:28 PM
yes i know it isn't "high" quality stuff but i am just getting into the whole car audio scene and was wondering if anyone has had one of these amps and get give me a second thought.

http://india.kenwood.com/products/car/amplifiers/kac-8101d/index.html

Re: amp opinion
Monday, March 14, 2011 7:02 PM
budget?

click sig for my car audio videos
Monday, March 14, 2011 7:03 PM
well i found that one i linked to gently used for very cheap. so i was just wondering about that specific amp
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 12:09 AM
You wanna decent amp??? look for an MTX Jackhammer JH600, i have one in my sunfire and its rock solid power. 600W rms around 1300W total output power. And they are really really clean sounding. http://www.buy.com/prod/mtx-jh600-jackhammer-600-watts-car-amplifier/q/sellerid/21878759/loc/111/219435836.html check it out found this one for right around $200. Worth every penny.

1999 Sunfire GT Convertible.
Nothing special to anyone but me.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 5:25 AM
Ivan Amerson wrote:You wanna decent amp??? look for an MTX Jackhammer JH600, i have one in my sunfire and its rock solid power. 600W rms around 1300W total output power. And they are really really clean sounding. http://www.buy.com/prod/mtx-jh600-jackhammer-600-watts-car-amplifier/q/sellerid/21878759/loc/111/219435836.html check it out found this one for right around $200. Worth every penny.

A: MTX is "meh" at best....
B: Didn't you read where he said "I found this specific amp cheap, I want opinions on it"??

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:18 AM
If you can get that amp pretty cheap, its worth picking up, I had one of these as a temp amp when my 1000/1 blew a channel, I borrowed it from a friend until I got a replacement, same model im pretty sure, it lights up blue in the triangle part?

It pushed 2 8" w7s very nicely, if you are just getting started and not sure what you are looking for specifically and not wanting to drop a ton of money, I see nothing wrong with the amp. It is not junk or anything, its not as high end or trendy as some other brands, but for cheap it will do the trick.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 5:02 PM
Karnage wrote:If you can get that amp pretty cheap, its worth picking up, I had one of these as a temp amp when my 1000/1 blew a channel, I borrowed it from a friend until I got a replacement, same model im pretty sure, it lights up blue in the triangle part?

It pushed 2 8" w7s very nicely, if you are just getting started and not sure what you are looking for specifically and not wanting to drop a ton of money, I see nothing wrong with the amp. It is not junk or anything, its not as high end or trendy as some other brands, but for cheap it will do the trick.

thanks man i only plan to run one 10 or 12 off it. nothing to much just getting into audio and dont want to fork out an arm and a leg. also im a student so i dont have alot of extra cash laying around
Thursday, March 17, 2011 11:12 AM
An amp is an amp is an amp unfortunately.

The difference in cost is a result of:
-Build quality
-Power output
-Hype

So if it's cheap, you're likely not getting... well, any of those things. So don't expect a miracle. Expect what you pay for.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search