wasn't there a thread about this at one time??? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wasn't there a thread about this at one time???
Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:56 PM
I have been searching for few days and seems either the thread was lost or died or something, but Im pretty sure there was a thread about battery relocates, and someone asking where to put the battery, as seems the battery box I have is a tad to big to put anywhere, I know I have to be careful as I plan to use at the track, and need shut-off switch, going either behind license plate or tail light ( undecided), but would love to have it in the trunk, does anyone know where that thread is or can post in here? as like I said Im 80 percent sure there was one here.....any help would be great as I am already working on changing out sub box depending on the locations, as I do plan to still race it when I am done, and have few things left to go

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen

Re: wasn't there a thread about this at one time???
Saturday, March 19, 2011 4:59 PM
Could have done a search? But one thing to keep in mind at the track, the cut off switch needs to have a sticker clearly indicating which direction is on and off, and be quickly accessible from outside the car. If you think you want it behind the tail light, the tail light needs to be out of the car when you race.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Saturday, March 19, 2011 5:01 PM
well ya thats what was planning like a bracket in behind, I am trying to find the different spots people have put them, but all treads come up either dead, or no much for pictures I am even looking on google as we speak

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Saturday, March 19, 2011 5:57 PM
I would say find out the rules you need to follow exactly, and plan accordingly. If you want to conceal the switch off the track then behind a tail light might be a good place for you, as long as it is legal for your track and doable as in can you make the switch fit there correctly. Good luck.
Saturday, March 19, 2011 6:52 PM
I am going NHRA rules with the switch and mounting, but curious where you guys mounted the batteery as it seems the box I have is a bit too big for install in trunk might have to cut and weld back together, or find smaller box

Saturday, March 19, 2011 9:07 PM
quick question...

HOW THE @!#$ IS YOUR BATTERY BOX TOO BIG FOR THE TRUNK?!?

Saturday, March 19, 2011 9:18 PM
Im with dustin..

Sunday, March 20, 2011 11:04 AM
I ordered a kit from Taylor and seems the box is too big unless I remove my spare and mount it there but then again the dimentions of the box are too big to go right behind seat as box would over laptop the spare tire well, and not bolt down right

Sunday, March 20, 2011 11:42 AM
thats a big ass box

Sunday, March 20, 2011 12:27 PM
I need to see pictures, then you need to kick whoever sold you that in the dick. I don't know how many or how large of a battery you think you need, but a battery box should fit into the corner of the trunk just fine... They should be a few inches bigger than the battery itself. No bigger.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 1:18 PM
I drilled the welds out of the stock tray from under the hood. Then welded it back in the trunk. Then welded a strap on one side and it bolts down to the factory stud on the tray

Sunday, March 20, 2011 1:50 PM
Ryan, you can't house a battery in the trunk without a properly sealed/exterior vented box. You can't just relocate the damn tray. That's the WRONG way to put a battery in the trunk.

Sunday, March 20, 2011 3:39 PM
ya Ryan your playing with alot doing it that way, what about the vapors, and leaks....etc......

Dustin the box for the kit is
Aluminum Battery Box — 100 Series
* Complies with NHRA Rule 8:1.
* Required by NHRA when there is no firewall between driver's compartment and battery.
* Fits most battery sizes.
* Embossed Taylor logo in lid.
* 3 piece .040" aluminum box design allows access without removing the battery from the box.
* Hard mounts battery to the frame with supplied 3/8" bolts.
* Heavy duty one-piece welded battery hold down and mounting hardware included.
* Dimensions: 13.5" long x 9.5" wide x 10" high.
the kit being used

Sunday, March 20, 2011 4:18 PM
how does that not fit into the trunk? What the @!#$ is in your trunk? 13.5" by 9.5" by `10" isn't too big at all. I just don't get it...

Sunday, March 20, 2011 5:28 PM
I wanted to put it RIGHT behind back seat on passenger side, and everything coming out of the trunk for the relocated, the battery I have now is really tiny compaired to the battery box for the relocated, also the box tends to over lap the spare tire spot,

Sunday, March 20, 2011 5:33 PM
Why not tuck it into the little nook between the tail light and wheel well?

Monday, March 21, 2011 7:59 AM
thought of that also and there again over laps the spare tire well

Monday, March 21, 2011 8:21 AM
Even if you put it in length wise? I guess depending on how much it overlaps, you could set it where you want it, then trace it onto the spare tire cardboard cover and cut that chunk out so u xcan still remove t with the battery box in place.

Monday, March 21, 2011 8:31 AM
Just put it here, like Dustin said, there is plenty of room and I can still get my subs out.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011 4:19 PM
thats one of the spots I wanted it but seems like the box over laps too much

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:27 AM
overlaps what? if it overlaps the sparetire cover a few inches you can still slide the cover out without any problems.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:43 AM
I'm with everyone else here. I'm failing to see the problem?

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, March 24, 2011 12:50 PM
I will try and take a picture today and post(even though lately I suck at posting pictures), just so you guys can see where I am at for size

Friday, March 25, 2011 12:46 PM
You mentioned a cut off switch, here is a picture of the setup I had in my Talon.

Yeah, the plates showing but the car is crushed and the plate is hanging in my garage.

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Friday, March 25, 2011 12:57 PM
What do you really think someone is going to do with your plate?

I can go drive down the road and look at hundreds of them...

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search