Double Din Unit -- Need help with bezel - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Double Din Unit -- Need help with bezel
Friday, March 25, 2011 5:11 PM
After a long hiatus, Im back.

anyway back to my problem. I just got in a double din headunit with flip down face. I know i need to cut my bezel, but does anyone have any tips?

I have a cordless dremel (dont laugh too hard) and thats about it. from looks of it im going to have to cut down bezel enough to use trim plate that came with my unit.

anyone know of an easy way to get these measurements? im not wanting to fiberglass so im wanting this as stock as can be.

any tips on bits to use?

ive been out of the game so long im kinda of like a newb again. lol

thanks guys,

Re: Double Din Unit -- Need help with bezel
Friday, March 25, 2011 5:39 PM
Perhaps you should not use the trim plate that came with the unit. Scosche and Metra make double din head units. I just stuffed a Pioneer AVH=P43000DVD into my dash and it barely clears at the bottom. I would say, at most, use a bit of rough grit sand paper to file the bezel back a little.

If it can't drag, it ain't low enough!
Friday, March 25, 2011 5:42 PM
the metra trim plate doesnt fit the radio unit. not even close to fitting unfortunately.

Friday, March 25, 2011 6:00 PM
Wow! That sucks! It's not an XO Vision is it? I'm having that issue right now with my wife's Trailblazer...and if it doesn't fit a Trailblazer...it's gonna be a pain in a 00 up Cav...if its the car in your sig.

Friday, March 25, 2011 6:05 PM
yes its my car in the sig, but the unit im using is an eonon. i needed something cheap so here we are. lol

Friday, March 25, 2011 6:42 PM
I looked at those on ebay and liked them but, was scared off by a few youtube videos...hope yours works well once it is in. It sounds like most of the lesser known brands may have a larger housing. You may want to use a dremel if you are cutting your factory bezel. I would lay a tape line on it so you can follow the edge without getting all jagged or crocked.

Friday, March 25, 2011 6:46 PM
Ah...haven't been on in a while...must not be an edited for nonpremium....anyway...I was going to tell you...you might want to cut away most of the inner left and/or right part of the dash for a place to put your wiring. There will also be a ledge toward the back of the pocket toward the top. I cut the verticle part of the ledge because my deck was hitting it. I left the horizontal part in tact and had to wrap some of the wiring up above it.

Friday, March 25, 2011 11:02 PM
I got it in there. a dremel with sanding pads did the job quickly. What really surprised me was the wife actually like it.

looks good to. Ill try to post up some pics tomorrow.

Saturday, March 26, 2011 7:40 AM
grats on the install can't wait to see some pics!

I have a '99, and i hated the way it was low. Least you didnt have to do what i did.. lol

I've actually since then, decided to take out the center vents, move the HVAC up there... ect. ect..

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search