Glowshift Gauge Problem - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Glowshift Gauge Problem
Sunday, March 27, 2011 12:34 PM
I am wiring up my three gauges today ( Volts, Fuel Pres, Oil Pres ) and they all work fine except the Oil Pressure gauge. When I have the sending unit hooked up the gauge seems to lose all power when going from accessory to engine on. It shuts off while the others stay on and then comes on a few seconds later changing the color back to default. But when I unhook the Oil Pressure sending unit it keeps its color and works as the others do. My constant and switched power is wired correctly and have both sending units grounded like so, Fuel Pressure ground -> Oil Pressure ground -> bare metal screw ( One Wire ). I have tried unhooking the Fuel Pressure ground and Sending wire and it still has the same effect. I am using the listed posts correctly for the ground and sending wire. Could my sending unit be bad?

Re: Glowshift Gauge Problem
Sunday, March 27, 2011 1:33 PM
Seems to be the sending wires. I got the wiring kit with the gauges and it seems to work fine if I run my own wire separate from the three going to the engine bay but makes no sense why only one of the three works properly.
Sunday, March 27, 2011 4:06 PM
Gauge has to be bad.
Tuesday, April 05, 2011 1:24 PM
Hey Shane! I'm late coming into this post but I have a couple of questions .

Are your gauges digital or analog? Being that You seem to be having problems with only the oil pressure unit,We'll address that one only.

Where did you tap into for oil pressure feed? I'm sure you realize that all ground wires should bond to engine(battery) ground.

Last but not least, Glowshift has a Great Tech Support Group,.. Don't know if 'Ya tried them yet but if I were having your kinda' problems,
I sure would!

Regards, Tony
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search