battery relocation - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
battery relocation
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:13 PM
Hey guys i figured I would ask on this forum for some good responses. I am relocating my battery into the trunk of my mopar a body, and would just like some input as to how to do it. I will be using welding cable so I will not lose any juice with the longer run from rear to front of the vehicle. I am also tucking or hiding my whole wiring harness for the engine bay. It will really clean it up when its finished. Some people use relays and fuses. I am new to battery relocations but wouldnt just extending the cable and, splicing and soldering "extensions" on everything work as well? Hopefully you guys will understand what Im trying to get across. Im only 22 and new to this so hopefully there is someone out there who can help me.

Thanks,
Joe

Re: battery relocation
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 12:26 PM
Use heavy cable (2ga or bigger, I have 1/0 at work so thats what I would use if I ever did it), I would use a 150Amp circuit breaker close to the battery, you can get ones you can manually reset, so push one buttom and it is disconected, good for doing electrical work on your car and will protect it if a wire ever rubs through. You also only need to run one power cable, just ground to the body and I would upgrade your grounds under the hood, search "the big 3".

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale
Re: battery relocation
Thursday, March 31, 2011 10:34 AM
Thanks for the help rick! appreciate it
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search