DRL Issue - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DRL Issue
Thursday, March 31, 2011 1:38 PM
So today I went about follow the steps in the sticky for disabling my DRL's so I could install my HID's. I did this on my previous cavalier and everything went smoothly, however of course this time around I have a problem. When I ground the wire and reconnect my battery my lights are on constantly (no keys in the ignition). When I start the car and put it into any gear the DRL symbol on the dash flashes 4-5 times with a clicking noise and then the service light comes on. I still can turn on my headlights.high beams and my parking lights.

Now when I disconnect the ground (so its just hanging there) and reconnect the battery the lights are off and the car does the same flashing drl light with the clicking and the service light comes on. I can still turn on my headlights and all the previous mentioned stuff.

So my question is what the heck could be causing this? Could it be a bad ground? Im grounding it with the screw right under the dash that holds the OBD-II connector. The sticky recommends grounding there and I used the same spot on my old car as well with no problems. Also it does this with the factory headlights, I have not put in my HID's yet since I wanted to try and find out what is wrong with this first. Any help is appreciated.

Daev

Re: DRL Issue
Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:46 PM
Problem solved no help is needed lol

Dave

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search