Question about lights - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question about lights
Sunday, April 10, 2011 9:50 PM
i understand how to disable the DRL's but i have a question about when aiming the alarm or disabling the alarm with the key fob...

noob question
When Disabling the DRL dose it stop the quick little flash from the headlights too? when you arm the alarm?

Re: Question about lights
Sunday, April 10, 2011 10:13 PM
Also was i reading the disabling DRL sticky if you disable them there will be a DRL light in the cluster on?

Sunday, April 10, 2011 10:20 PM
not 100% sure, but i believe no. i think when u flash the alarm, i think it flashes your high beams, like on my cobalt, when i unlock my car at night the headlights stay on for like 15 seconds, and its always the high beam. im sure someone will jump in on this tho with the correct answer. but if you want the flash, i would try to re-wire the flash into the turn signals if at all possible, would look way better, and thats the way most other cars do it anyways. flashes the front turn signals, and the rear turn signals...just a thought, ive always wanted to do that, but have a base model cav. so no alarm!

Sunday, April 10, 2011 10:29 PM
ChevyBoi89 wrote:not 100% sure, but i believe no. i think when u flash the alarm, i think it flashes your high beams, like on my cobalt, when i unlock my car at night the headlights stay on for like 15 seconds, and its always the high beam. im sure someone will jump in on this tho with the correct answer. but if you want the flash, i would try to re-wire the flash into the turn signals if at all possible, would look way better, and thats the way most other cars do it anyways. flashes the front turn signals, and the rear turn signals...just a thought, ive always wanted to do that, but have a base model cav. so no alarm!

i don't want the flash because it would hurt the hids i would think

Monday, April 11, 2011 2:32 AM
Yeah not so good for the HID's however, If you do just lows and the alarm flashes high's then no problems there. I don't know why it would flash them anyways, i thought it was pretty standard to flash the Signals not the headlamps..

Monday, April 11, 2011 7:33 PM
well i ordered the high/low kit from ddm

is there any way to stop the flicker? when you unlock the doors from a key fob?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 11, 2011 9:00 PM

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 8:18 PM
bump

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search