Recommend stock replacement speakers - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Recommend stock replacement speakers
Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:40 AM
I want to replace the front door and rear deck speakers in my coupe. Sticking with the stock radio. What are the sizes required for the back and front? Any particular manufacturer do you like or recommend?
Thanks

Re: Recommend stock replacement speakers
Thursday, May 05, 2011 6:44 AM
search.

________________________________________.
Still not low enough for a signature.

Thursday, May 05, 2011 8:20 AM
Twenty4z wrote:search.

If you've never given any advice in this section, let alone any helpful advice, your priveledge to just pop in and be the "cool guy" who tells someone to search is revoked.

To actually HELP the op:
Stock fronts are 4x6, rears are 6x9s

Keep in mind, when upgrading, to look down the road. Will you be able to buy a small amp to power them in the future and really improve the sound? Will you ever buy new components or subs in the future? Replace the head unit sometime? Audio can get expensive to do over, so its not only good to get a quality brand that will last, but also spend a bit more now to get something you can use in the future rather than spend double by replacing them again.

What kind of budget are you working with? Almost anything aftermarket will sound better than stock. But how much better and how long they last is up to the wallet.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Thursday, May 05, 2011 10:05 AM
Twenty4z wrote:search.

Penis.

See I can say unhelpful single words too.

I agree with the above. Let us know where youre heading with the audio andwe can help you out.

Thursday, May 05, 2011 11:46 AM
Not doing anything else...just replacing stock speakers. I see Crutchfield has brackets that you can install other size than stock. this a way to go? Any particular brand I should look at more than another?
Thursday, May 05, 2011 1:19 PM
I bought some basic Polk Audio db 651s 6-1/2" Slim 2-way for the rear and Pioneer TS-G4643R 4"x6"/4x6m 2-way for the front. Nothing special. Just had to be better than 2003 speakers that have seen some better days right?
Thursday, May 05, 2011 3:56 PM
Should be an upgrade definitely. Like I said, anything is going to be better than stock. But why did you buy 6.5" speakers for the rears??? Going to need to buy or make 6X9 to 6.5" baffle adapters.

Friday, May 06, 2011 5:31 AM
id work on fitting the 6.5's up front, stick the 4x6's in back, or change them for a set of 6x9's for and easier install.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, May 06, 2011 8:34 AM
Crutchfield includes adapters for the back speakers.
Friday, May 06, 2011 8:44 AM
junkyard. plenty of cavaliers there.
if youre looking for better sound talk to jl

Friday, May 06, 2011 11:23 AM
Thanks mike, bbut he already bought some :p. I still say find a good deal on a small amp. Something about 50x4 would be good. You would be surprised how much better you can make speakers sound by just adding good clean power.

Friday, May 06, 2011 2:44 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Thanks mike, bbut he already bought some :p. I still say find a good deal on a small amp. Something about 50x4 would be good. You would be surprised how much better you can make speakers sound by just adding good clean power.

This right here. I usually use sonicelectronix.com for my amps/speakers if you wanna have a look around there. They tend to have some cheap stuff.

Friday, May 06, 2011 5:12 PM
I would recommend a Zapco Studio4, but it would depend on if he thinks $200 is too much for a high quality piece of electronic art

Friday, May 06, 2011 6:14 PM
Sonic electronics is good for stuff on the cheap, l. Got Clarion 4x6 and 6x6's there and they sound way better than stock and they are cheap. U could get a set of 4 speakers for around $100. And unlike could amp later if u want. Just don't expect to much mid bass, that's why I'm upgrading to 6.5 in. Componets. Depends on what you wanted to do.

Saturday, May 07, 2011 10:16 AM
If I bought an amp, where does it go? How does it get wired in? I've never really dealt with car audio before. Does it go in place of the stock factory amp?
Saturday, May 07, 2011 11:01 AM
Sunday, May 22, 2011 11:34 AM
I searched and searched for 4x6's that didn't sound terrible at higher volumes, and ended up going with alpine type S. then I put in some type R 6x9's and amped them with a clarion 4 channel. Sounds amazing in my car now, so good I even removed my subs because the amped 6x9's put out more than enough bass. plus I'm too old to care about huge attention grabbing stereos
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search