Possible electrical issue - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Possible electrical issue
Friday, June 29, 2012 8:51 PM
I drive a 2000 base model 3 speed auto sedan with the 2200 sfi motor and just hit 162,000 miles. In the last week or so, my car developed a weird problem that seems to only occur when a decent load is placed on the electrical system. When i pull off from a stoplight, the car hesitates, begins to cut off, but catches itself, whenever i am running either the stereo for more than a few minutes or when i have the a/c on. The car never completely cuts off, and if im cruising with the stereo and a/c off, there are no issues whatsoever. Also, when the car hesitates, ALL the gauges light up and sometimes the e-brake light stays on until I completely restart the car. I am not losing any gas mileage, the electrical system tests out fine, and i have double checked all grounds. I have done the big 3, upgraded to the ad244 and my battery is less than 4 months old.

I read a few other forum messages on the site with similar issues, but none were ever solved and the threads are more than two years old. Is there anything that comes to mind specifically for these models? Also, I don't have any headlight dimming at all when driving and stereo all the way up, and the system was tested at Autozone (if that matters).

Re: Possible electrical issue
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 3:45 AM
What do u have for an alternator?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search