Remote Start Help - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Remote Start Help
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 10:04 AM
Hey guys,

Befiore I get crucified , I searched for this issue and nobody is having the same thing. Ok, on to my question.

My wifes 00 Z Vert W/ Eco swap, her car came with a remote start and keyless entry from the little dealer we bought it from, so I do know (after a ton of research) that is a Audiovox APS-95BT, which means its ONLY a remote start and keyless entry, no alarm nothing, just the basics. Which is fine since my wife doesnt care about all that just as long as she can hit a button, and start the car in the winter. Now, the issue. I have never done, nor attempted to install a remote start. Last year I eco swapped her vert and before with the LD9 in the car it worked great. Now, when I installed her eco, there was a ORANGE wire going into the coil harness on the LD9 that I had to disconnect, and I have no idea where to re-hook that up to on the eco harness. That is the reason the car wont start. It does just crank and such, so i know it will work once I hook that back up. Any and all help with this would be greatly appreciated. I just want this to work so its one less thing I have to listen to her about Haha, thanks alot guys!!! Oh and the car does run fine with the key in it and such, but she wants the remote start to work since she got spoiled with it in her car, and now it doesnt work lol.

Re: Remote Start Help
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 10:25 AM
lol mine is the opposite. for some reason when we did the auto to 5speed swap the remote start (if the brain is plugged in) wont allow the car to shut off.

M45/OS crank/2.4 snout. It's nice to be injected but I love being blown!
Tuesday, July 09, 2013 12:44 PM
hmm, interesting. mine works fine. im actually driving the car today so it runs and drives normally. I still use the keyless entry thats on it. but if I hit the button to start it, it just cranks and cranks, wont actually start the car, atleast not with the remote start. other then that the car is 100%. I just wanna know what wire are people using to connect to that wire so her remote starting will work again. I looked on net and I couldnt find a good wiring diagram. I was hopeing that someone might have a idea.

Monday, July 22, 2013 1:50 PM
I only install DEI, but I believe the wire you are referring to is the Tachometer wire. You can use the tach or you can go to an injector and use a color which doesn't repeat on the other injectors.

If it still cranks without starting you may have a security bypass issue.

Wiring Diagrams

Professional Forums and wiring diagrams

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search