Speakers - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Speakers
Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:34 AM
I was looking on crutchfield at speakers for my 04, I was wondering if the alipne type r's or infinity kappa's fit? I am looking to run the 6 3/4's but I will run the 5 5 1/4's If I have to. I remember back in the day people were making mdf templates for the door speakers. Crutchfield says neither fit but I think that's just because of the size. Is the mounting depth going to be an issue?

2012 HD VRSCF
2010 Ford Explorer
2006 Ford Ranger
2004 Chevy Cavalier

Re: Speakers
Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:36 PM
You can make a template really easy.

http://www.amazon.com/Metra-82-3300-Chevy-Cavalier-Adapter/dp/B0007WRQHQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377225205&sr=8-1&keywords=4+x6+speaker+adapter+cavalier

This is one you can buy, but you can look at it and see how to make a template really easy.
Re: Speakers
Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:43 PM
I have the kappa 6 1/2" 3 ways in the doors of my 03 sunfire mounted with the brackets infinity included. Just had to drill my own holes ofcourse, and they fit behind the door panel without modification (snipped some plastic screw type things that stuck out of the back of the panel because one ended up piercing the woofer surround D. Just be mindful of the window when you're putting everything in and watch when you're putting the door panel back on.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search