radio problems - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
radio problems
Monday, September 04, 2017 6:40 PM
ok new on here may have got this in the wrong spot. the problem I have I know the cavalier door switch problem that triggers the radio but . if I unlock the car and open the drivers door randomly radio kicks on for exactly 4 mins and the car will not start until radio kicks off then it's fine I have all new door switchs in the car thought one was the problem but still happens at total random and it's on a 2003 with oem radio

Re: radio problems
Saturday, September 16, 2017 7:20 PM
On my 2001 Z 24, if you turn off the key with the radio playing, the radio will continue to play for four minutes then shut off.
What happens if you pull the radio fuse?
I don't know the answer to your question, but that might provide a clue.
Sunday, September 17, 2017 4:39 PM
the time it does this is when I'm opening the door before I even start the car I just open the door and the radio turns on and if u try and start it it won't it just cranks and cranks won't fire till the radio finly turns off then fires up pulling the fuse I didint really narrow it because it does it at total random like has not happened in like 3 weeks now
Tuesday, September 19, 2017 2:25 PM
I would consider an aftermarket deck. When you plug in the adaptor put all power wires aside and run power independent to battery with an inline fuse. I did this and have zero problems. The faceplate goes with me anyways so no problem with leaving on accidentally. These cars do crazy things when it comes to security. Mine kept being triggered simply because one glove box screw was missing. That lasted a month until I figured it out. Now I tread lightly. If you go the route I suggested you should have zero issues. You will loose door chimes though.
Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:43 PM
I actually just picked up a after market deal for it today and my door chime already does not work car is a old driving school car so who knows what it has been threw thanks for the advice
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search