Questions about Delco CD players with Theftlock - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Questions about Delco CD players with Theftlock
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 12:43 PM
For my mom's birthday I'm gonna install a CD player in her 2000 Blazer. She is far from a technical person so I wanted to keep things simple by just installing a Delco CD player in place of the Delco tape player she has now. I have a few questions though. I have read that once a stereo is removed the Theftlock shut downs the unit. What do I need to do to shut it off? Also, are the plugs in the back of the players the same from both tape players and cd players? Thanks for any help.

Re: Questions about Delco CD players with Theftloc
Tuesday, August 24, 2004 5:54 PM
as you stated, Theftlock is a anti-theft system (a VERY lame anti-theft system) that disables the radio whenever power is cut from it.....IF theftlock has been activated. To activate and de-activate Theftlock you have to use a 4-digit pin that you have created. If it is active and you remove power from the radio, you have to enter in the pin in order for the radio to work. thats the jist of it. As for the plugs in the back, no idea. In my opinion, you'd be better of just getting an 80 or 90 dollar aftermarket cd player that WILL play CD-R's and CD-RW's. I am replacing my Delco radio because it will only play half of my burnt cd's. good luck.
Re: Questions about Delco CD players with Theftloc
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 11:47 AM
I had a simular situation my aftermarket deck was stolen (those mother f*****) luckily i had the stock AM/FM to atleast fill the hole in the dash and have some noise. I picked up a stock cd-player on ebay out of a blazer and plugged it right in no problems into my 2001 s-10. I kinda prefer the stock look so that way someone doesn`t feel the need to crowbar my door and take my sh*t again.
P.S. thats pretty kewl your doing that for your mom..
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search