Box Dimensions - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Box Dimensions
Tuesday, February 08, 2005 10:59 PM
k guys heres the thing, i dont really know my dimensions of my trunk and i cnat take them right now cuz im like 500 miles form it, and i was wondering what they were and im building a box a 4 10's Clarion XPW's any wyas i need some dimensions for a ported box, it needs to be perfect, lol, i wanna start as soon as i get home reason why im asking u guys for dimensions, i really would take them if i could, but im stuck int he bush for another week good thing i got my labtop( and im no where near civilisation to get any good measurements the bush sucks), but yah help me out guys 4 '10's, ported

Re: Box Dimensions
Wednesday, February 09, 2005 6:27 AM
4 XPWs in a ported box.... you would need a box about 5 cubic feet (1.25 per sub). That's about all I found lol.

Brakes? I don't need no stinking brakes....I have air bags
http://members.cardomain.com/charlzo_2000
Wednesday, February 09, 2005 11:20 AM
lol well i expected a better response off this but i guess not, guess ill ahve to wait till i get hoem to take some measurements, only 6 more days of this bush @!#$( i hate the oil field)

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 12:51 PM
Well, if you were making it just a box, it would need to be 2 1/2 feet x 2 1/2 feet, by 1 foot tall. But you'd have to put two on each side that way, which would mean either two on the sides, and you'd barely see them, or two in front and back, so you'd only see two at a time. If you'd gonna custom make it, it's gonna take a bit more measuring and math to figure out how to get the right dimensions. Someone very recently posted a link to some box-design software. Hit a search real quick, and it should come up. You input the sub specs, and box sizes and it gives you pretty much everything you need.

Brakes? I don't need no stinking brakes....I have air bags
http://members.cardomain.com/charlzo_2000
Wednesday, February 09, 2005 2:23 PM
your max width (with slight bending of the trunk lid spring bracket teeth) is 35 inches. max height will be about 18 inches. dunno the depth though. btw these dimensions was taken from a 96 z24. dunno if yoru j-body is the same.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 2:54 PM
^^that's about right. you have some flexiblily with the depth, so whatever airspace you need you can work it in on the depth.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Wednesday, February 09, 2005 9:47 PM
I managed to squeeze like 35.5" wide box in there, but yeah the rods get in the way and you have to wrestle it around them.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:25 PM
hey gusy well an update im back from the bush and it feels good, lol, i came home to a lot fo enw equipment waiting for me lol,but ne ways me and my cuz are desgining the monster tonight, ive been looking a lot of systems and i wicked bad idea, btu ne ways when we figure out what were doing ill pot some dimensions up, thnx for anyone who did try

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search