Flush HU mount - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Flush HU mount
Thursday, February 10, 2005 10:59 AM
I've been looking into flush head unit mounts for my car for some time now. I REFUSE to put my hu in until I have one I am happy with. I have found one, but here's the catch: he doesn't make them specifically for sunfires or cavys yet. I emailed him and asked if he would mass produce them if I got some interest. They're one of the nicest mounts on the market. My b/f has one for his grand prix - illuminated grand prix gt - picutred on the website. If you're looking into dressing up your interior and have an aftermarket hu, they're a must They're probably going to run around $40 or so give or take a little.
check out the website and if we get enough interest maybe we can work something out with him!

Here's the site:
http://humount.com/

74 in a 45?? are you sure officer?? I really didn't think my car would even go that fast!!

Re: Flush HU mount
Thursday, February 10, 2005 12:09 PM
The only drawback, is the HU itself. For example, in my 96 Cavy, I have a Pioneer AVIC-N1. I had a flush mount bracket in it when I got it, but there is no way the AVIC will clear in the back, with a flush mount kit. Without seriously chopping the air box behind it, it simply WILL NOT FIT. I think there are also head units out there with the RCA jacks mounted to the radio itself, not on lines coming out. So when you plug cables into the jacks on the deck, you will also have clearance issues.

There are companies out there who already make a flush mount (I don't think it's Metra, maybe Scosche. I can't think of who made mine originally). But a lot of decks can't use it, simply because of the limited depths in a newer J-body. This may not apply to the 00+, but the 95-99s it's def. a prob.

Brakes? I don't need no stinking brakes....I have air bags
http://members.cardomain.com/charlzo_2000
Thursday, February 10, 2005 12:14 PM
My bad. I just realized that they had ILLUMINATED mounts. Very cool idea. I wonder if he'd be able to do something like that with a standard (non-flush) kit....

Brakes? I don't need no stinking brakes....I have air bags
http://members.cardomain.com/charlzo_2000
Thursday, February 10, 2005 1:12 PM
Like CharlzO said not enough mounting deep for that.

2 x Adire Brahma 15", 2 x PA A3000DB
Thursday, February 10, 2005 1:13 PM
i made my own....

before:

after:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/396000-396999/396552_44.jpg

its not completely flush as they look at that guys site, but it was free and something i made on my own...
i just made it out of sheet metal i had sprayed clear to help prevent rusting...

Thursday, February 10, 2005 1:58 PM
step 1- Go to best buy

step 2 - ask for the Metra Flush-mount kit for 3rd Gen cavaliers

step 3 - pay the helpful salesperson

install and enjoy...i've used this same flush-mount kit in both of my cavaliers without problem.

Thursday, February 10, 2005 7:49 PM
|^
|
|
|

other wise known as a American International GM-K420 Kit $18.49

Lookin' Stock - For Now!
Friday, February 11, 2005 9:23 AM
Friday, February 11, 2005 9:43 AM
metra part # 99-3301 is a flush mount kit for 00-up cav's and fire's

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried!
Friday, February 11, 2005 9:51 AM
i dont know if all you guys are catching the designs and lighting of the mounts...you seem to be concerned with only the flush part of the story.
I think the illuminated mounts would be sweet for our cars, i personally enjoy the aluminum ones
sweet idea tho

Monday, February 14, 2005 9:32 AM
like jnickel said, everyone is looking at the "flush" part of it. I know there are tons of plain flush hu mounts out there, autozone carries one for 15 bux that will fit just about anything...so does best buy, and you can buy them right and left online. The different part about these mounts is the illumination, and the actual "SUNFIRE" logo You can probably get them in just about any color. I just got one in a red ilumination to go with my Clarion DXZ655MP with RCA's out the back. It tight, but it does fit, and I didn't have to cut anything. I'll take some pics and post them when I get my digital camera back, I sent it in to get fixed. It definitely looks good!

74 in a 45?? are you sure officer?? I really didn't think my car would even go that fast!!

Monday, February 14, 2005 1:34 PM
yeah those are def sweet, but looks like it would cause more problems than our cavalier already have with the headunit and such

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search