Warning signs of a coming electrical problem? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Warning signs of a coming electrical problem?
Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:35 PM
Hello everyone,

I own a 2000 Cavalier Z24. A couple days ago, My digital odometer started acting funny. Parts of the digits are starting to flicker and fade out. This will happen at random intervals. I just put a new battery in today, but this behavior continues. I have about 77,000 miles on it, and haven't had to replace any engine components on it yet. This is the only electrical component in the car that starts to act up. The headlights, dashlights, radio lights, fan, stereo, keyless entry and starter are all acting normally. Does anyone here have an idea of what is happening here? Is this an indication of a developing electrical problem?

Thanks

Re: Warning signs of a coming electrical problem?
Sunday, February 13, 2005 7:44 PM
My sisters sunfire does the same thing. The numbers just go at random and blink and flicker at will. every couple seconds it goes between the trip and miles. Makes for fun at oil change places lol. Id say your fine. It did that when she bought it at 50 k miles and she is going on 75 k miles. Unless it bothers you your good. Maybe your cars are twins or something lol.

Im in the everybody club are you?
Monday, February 14, 2005 1:35 PM
hit the top of your dash hard.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 4:12 AM
mine does the same, if you push on the clear plastic part near it you can read it correctly

--------------------
Brian D.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search