Car Video prob...HELP! - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Car Video prob...HELP!
Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:04 PM
Ok here is my situation..i bought a 5 inch monitor for my cavalier ...so i hooked an Xbox up in my car..i also have subs..well my problem is everytime the subs hit a base note my monitor gets a little fuzzy...is there anything you know of that will help this? btw..it does not get fuzzy with out the subs on

Re: Car Video prob...HELP!
Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:20 PM
hmmm your power isn't dropping in voltage is it? I dont know screens too much, or if this would be a problem either?
________

Had a cavalier, now I got a 99 explorer sport.....
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/davesexplorer2
SPL sound system setup, work in progress... Alpine 9807 hu
4 MA Audio X2 12" subs, 1 modded HK4000d (soon to be 2-4)
Street C next season
Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:26 PM
Maybe a video booster would help my problem but i dont think i should need one with only one 5" screen should i?
Friday, February 18, 2005 9:20 AM
anyone?
Friday, February 18, 2005 10:49 AM
well....you SHOULDN'T with only one screen. But, it's possible that the voltage drop mentioned above, may be causing a prob with your power inverter that your XBox is on, creating interference with the signal to the screen. Just for kicks, try running a long extension cord to the car, and plug your XBox into that instead, so it's not being powered by the car. THen go ahead, and hit the subs again, and see if you still have that problem. If not, it's probably something to do with the inverter.

Also, check the connections on the monitor when your running your subs. It could be (remotely) possible that it's a slightly loose connection which is fine until the bass vibrates it a little.

Other than that, the only way to see if a signal booster would work, would be to try and see.

That's all I got

Brakes? I don't need no stinking brakes....I have air bags
http://members.cardomain.com/charlzo_2000
Friday, February 18, 2005 3:34 PM
CharlzO wrote:well....you SHOULDN'T with only one screen. But, it's possible that the voltage drop mentioned above, may be causing a prob with your power inverter that your XBox is on, creating interference with the signal to the screen. Just for kicks, try running a long extension cord to the car, and plug your XBox into that instead, so it's not being powered by the car. THen go ahead, and hit the subs again, and see if you still have that problem. If not, it's probably something to do with the inverter.

Also, check the connections on the monitor when your running your subs. It could be (remotely) possible that it's a slightly loose connection which is fine until the bass vibrates it a little.

Other than that, the only way to see if a signal booster would work, would be to try and see.

That's all I got

Do you think maybe a farad cap would help?
Saturday, February 19, 2005 8:23 AM
It's hard to say. Do you have any other problems with the bass hitting? lights dimming a bit and such? If not, it probably wouldn't be worth going with a 1 farad cap. If you know someone who has one, see if they'll be willing to hook it up in your system temporarily to see if it changes anything.

The first thing people on here are going to tell you, is upgrade the "big 3" wiring under the hood for better grounding of the system and such. It's a fairly inexpensive thing to do, and def. worth it. That alone might solve some of it.

Also, is your inverter directly connected to the power circuit, or running of the lighter plug?

Saturday, February 19, 2005 3:03 PM
CharlzO wrote:It's hard to say. Do you have any other problems with the bass hitting? lights dimming a bit and such? If not, it probably wouldn't be worth going with a 1 farad cap. If you know someone who has one, see if they'll be willing to hook it up in your system temporarily to see if it changes anything.

The first thing people on here are going to tell you, is upgrade the "big 3" wiring under the hood for better grounding of the system and such. It's a fairly inexpensive thing to do, and def. worth it. That alone might solve some of it.

Also, is your inverter directly connected to the power circuit, or running of the lighter plug?

yes the power inverter is connected into the lighter plug on the passenger floor..people on another board said that maybe it could be the "static air"
Saturday, February 19, 2005 5:55 PM
possible. Like I said, try to run your Xbox off an extension cord, so it's not using the inverter, and see if it clears up. If so, then it's an inverter problem. You may be able to take the inverter, run it direct to a 12V+ source with a interference filter inline. Might work.

Sunday, February 20, 2005 9:56 AM
I had a similar problem with my screen when I installed a ps2 in the car. I had the invertor wired to the cigarette lighter. As soon as I wired it to my distribution block for my sound system and grounded it to the chassis, the fuzziness and the sound quality came back to normal. I can pump bass and no distortion. Although, I do have a 160 amp alernator and Yellow top tho...

<b>"In this world, nothing is certain but death and taxes." </b>
Sunday, February 20, 2005 10:15 AM
Yo Brandon, yeah just upgrade the big 3, ill help you do it. Its not that tough and like chartzo stated well worth the time and money!

Sunday, February 20, 2005 10:53 AM
bossman wrote:I had a similar problem with my screen when I installed a ps2 in the car. I had the invertor wired to the cigarette lighter. As soon as I wired it to my distribution block for my sound system and grounded it to the chassis, the fuzziness and the sound quality came back to normal. I can pump bass and no distortion. Although, I do have a 160 amp alernator and Yellow top tho...

Ok..that sounds easy enough...so what did you use as your chassis ground?
btw...i have a red top if that will help me any

Steve W wrote:Yo Brandon, yeah just upgrade the big 3, ill help you do it. Its not that tough and like chartzo stated well worth the time and money!

I have no idea what that means..sounds like some sporting event championship
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search