decent subs on a small price range - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
decent subs on a small price range
Friday, February 18, 2005 12:27 AM
ok heres the deal i just blew one of my subs and they dont make my modle anymore
so i need a new sett and box ( long story) prob is i only have like 250 bucks to play with
any ideas?oh and i listen to all types of music but mostly hard rock

Re: decent subs on a small price range
Friday, February 18, 2005 5:42 AM
My idea would be don't get two subs just get one so that you don't have to get two crappy ones and just a decent one...

Friday, February 18, 2005 6:45 AM
http://www.edesignaudio.com/13kv2_spec.htm

and send the last 25 to me for suggesting it

Friday, February 18, 2005 11:05 AM
Go to Circuit City and ask them about the MTX package MTX RPT212. This package is awesome for the price. It is a little over your price range at $299.99 but it does go on sale every so often. The package gives you a MTX thunder201D amp, 2 12" MTX RT1204, and a dual enclosure box. the only thing it doesnt give you is the power wires. You already have those tho.

Friday, February 18, 2005 11:48 AM
All subs are equal unless we know how they are going to be used and what your listening preferences are. Any recommendation made when knowing nothing of your setup or the sound you prefer is just pointless brand whoring.

"all your bass are belong to us"
Friday, February 18, 2005 12:08 PM
If you're looking for something that's gonna play SQ for a variety of music, and You want to stay withing that price range. Here's what I'll suggest: Image Dynamics. They make some of the best sq speakers on the market, Last year they were rated in top 10 for sq. They aren't made for spl, but if you're not into competition you'd never be able to tell. They make 3 different subs, IDMax, IDQ, and ID. The IDMax is the best of the three which is mainly a competition sub. But If you just want something that sounds great in a wide variety of music and you're in a price range, I'm going to suggest one IDQ 12. I know a lot of people on c.a.f. (caraudioforum) that have them. Many of which went to 1 12 from 2 10s and they said the output from the 12 is better than any 2 10 combo they ever had. They run about 200 shipped from car domain. Then all you'd have to do is go to you're local hardware store and buy a sheet of some 1/2" MDF and go to Imagedynamicsusa.com and email them for exact box dimensions. Total cost: about $225. I have mine in a ported box and had it powered with my b/fs vipers the other day and it sounds great.
http://www.cardomain.com/shoplist~b~Image+Dynamics~t~Subwoofers

Or if you want to go with some used stuff there's a set of 12s in a box on ebay right now:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7954782199&category=38647

I don't know if I'd buy them used, but its all yours!

74 in a 45?? are you sure officer?? I really didn't think my car would even go that fast!!
Saturday, February 19, 2005 12:08 AM
i alredy have a amp (600/2 hifonix)
i like a tight bass for rock and a loud sub for rap
so im basicly i want a deasently loud tight bass that dont sound distorted
heretic im checking out those subs right now who on here has them and what do they sound like?

Saturday, February 19, 2005 6:13 AM
hey man i have to brand new orions 12's p-series for that price range if interested email me at gqsmooth272004@yahoo.com,or hit me up on aol or yahoo messenger under the same name
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search