whickh way to fire it..sub that is.. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
whickh way to fire it..sub that is..
Saturday, February 19, 2005 12:49 PM
i know this subject has been done and talked about many time s but please bear with me.no flamming needed...I have a 15"jonah lomu in a 3.6 cuft box tuned to about 35htz. The box has the port on the same side as the sub but the question lies with which way i should fire it. I have been told that since there is little room on either side of my box and none above that i should fire it forward or take out my 6x9's and make a large hole for my trunk to breathe. But if i face it forward i avoid lomost all these problems...right or wrong? Also does anoyone know if its going to make a difference or not? the reason i ask is cause its not like this box comes out easy..usually takes a couple hrs..lol...thanks for the help..phil

Re: whickh way to fire it..sub that is..
Saturday, February 19, 2005 2:48 PM
It depends on if you're gonna be keeping the rear seat up all the time, or down when really using the system.

Brakes? I don't need no stinking brakes....I have air bags
http://members.cardomain.com/charlzo_2000
Saturday, February 19, 2005 3:56 PM
i would amost always leave the seat down unless i was carting around some firends...but 9 times out of ten it would be down...phil
Sunday, February 20, 2005 1:16 PM
just set it up and move it around, everybodies system is different. and it might sound better to you in one position then another.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Monday, February 21, 2005 6:03 PM
i know with my 2 10's in a sealed box personally sounds better facing the rear and when i have them facing fowards it sound like #$%^ especially with the seat up.... and its not nearly as loud....

!!!jbody Customs!!! yo hit me up if you need anything!
streetfire2006
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search