multimeter help? - Page 3 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: multimeter help?
Friday, February 11, 2005 2:56 PM
i live in Dom. Rep.(until the summer, then i'll be back in NY), so i doubt i could find a place with a mic.

i dont understand what you mean by because they're so large though. the larger they are, the less watts they use? i know if i use the test tone and actually listen to it through the speakers, i cant turn it up past 20-30 for fear of blowing them, but when i listen to music, i can put it all the way up to 50(where i have my gains set. max is 62)

Re: multimeter help?
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:47 PM
sorry to bring this back from the dead, but i finally got my hands on a Manual for this amp( Here )

and when i was reading, it says its not 2 ohms stable when bridged. i've been running it at 2 ohms mono for about a month so far and i always listen to the radio at max, but now i'm not so sure. i thought your bro said it was alright. its gone into thermal protection twice, both times i was listening for longer than an hour(normally i only listen when i go out at night, or on my way to school). also, the rated watts for a 4 ohm load is 1400x2(something close to that, the manual wont open right now.), so if i'm gonna run 2 ohms, maybe i should lower the gains on each speaker to 1400x2 instead of 1600x2?

read the manual and lemme know what you think..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search