Rear spekers How 2's? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear spekers How 2's?
Sunday, February 20, 2005 6:07 PM
How do I remove my rear deck to get to the speakers, Need to replace them thay blew out sad to say.

Re: Rear spekers How 2's?
Sunday, February 20, 2005 8:44 PM
pull down the back seat, remove those child safety restraint things if you got em, and I just kinda bent it up a lil in the middle, not too much though cause it can break and then slide it out

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 9:18 AM
You have to unbolt both front seatbelts, take the rear seat backing out. The biggest problem is getting the rear cover that overlays the 6x9s in the rear, its a lil bit of a pain in the ass so make sure you have some time set aside to do this cuz its nothing that will be done in 15 mins. Once you get the speakers out its not very hard. I independently ran my rear speaker wire because the stock wiring in the rear is DVC and if you have a stock deck and run the wires wrong thru the new speakers on stock wiring, at times you wont get any sound from them (learned it the hard way thru a GM shop foreman). Just make sure you get some damn good speakers in there because if they blow again you dont want to have to go thru that all over again, trust me.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 5:53 PM
no need to take out the seatbelts, you can bend that back panel pretty good, and if it cracks a little its just a crappy board, you can fix it

i only say this because most people dont have the torx wrench to remove the seatbelts, that is one big torx wrech

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 6:55 PM
yes you don't need to remove any seat belts.. like navycave was saing. but you can also take the side moldings off and open the back seats so you don't have to bend it at all it will just slide right out. more work yes but you save your self time from fixing it..

__________________--------------------------____________________
Team: NONE RIGHT NOW
Sponsored By: Pro Trucks
Work Being Done By: creative customs
Stuff for Sell:

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:27 PM
Yea the 03-05s have an over the shoulder seat belt for the middle back seat so it is more of a pain removing the rear deck in those years. I experimented a little with it and am planning on replacing the rear speakers in spring.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search